Like Tree121Likes

Expats behaving badly...again

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Expats behaving badly...again

This was on the apple daily news today - its in cantonese, but you get the idea from watching the animations.

蘋果動新聞 - 要聞港聞

OK, so he didn't pay, they argued and the taxi driver locked him in the car, called the police and the guy went nuts and tried to kick the door open. What does the commentary say actually happened? He was drunk and refused to pay? Or was there an argument about the fare?

Yeah, it seems "Frank" was arguing about the $35 fare.

seems it was 2 am and this american guy called frank was on his way home.. got upset at the fair being 30 something dollars.. so he punches the taxi driver.. who jumps out and locks him in calls the cops.

so he kicks his way out and smacks the taxi driver around some more...

damn those child locks.

For 35 bucks?? I'm not a fan of HK taxi drivers, but even if the meter was fiddled with, a USD 4.50 fare to get home at 2 AM seems reasonable enough.

Yeah, what a moron eh? Mind you, you can't tell me this doesn't happen more often, both with foreigners and locals!

From my experience, some HK taxi drivers deserved to get punched or beaten up, but in this case, I think that American is in the wrong here, especially over 35 bucks, I mean come on! Still, why do I get that secret desire to dish out some personal punishment on some taxi drivers:
    Taxi Hunter 的士判官 - Original HK Trailer [HQ] - YouTube

dear giant likes this.

Seems like Apple Daily is blocked in China.

i'm guessing the guy takes cabs alot and knew the fare was supposed to be 25...

10$ is nothing.. but when you are feeling like you are being taken for a ride..

having said that - maybe the taxi driver was waiting in a rank for 15/20 mins and after dropping this guy off somewhere that was walking distance has to go to the back of the queue...

what concerns me is how those cab drivers "hoon" around at 2 am with drunks on the narrow streets - a cab driver nearly ran me over once - missed by 3 inches! pavement was blocked with rubbish _ i was forced to go around a parked car - he was going soo fast over a blind hill nearly hit me..

dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast