Hair went wrong!!Blonde to Brunette, what do i do?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advice that isn't the advice that the bimbo wants to hear is suddenly "bullying"? It is clear from this and previous posts that this "young girl" is either:
    a) a troll (I wouldn't be surprised if the same person who runs TinyBear is behind this one), or
    b) the victim of woefully neglectful parents who really should be taken to task for sending someone out into the big wide world thousands of miles away from home when she clearly is hardly ready to be sent to the corner shop for the milk.

Goodness, what's this meanness for?

Kelly,

First, like KIA and others mentioned, report the incident to the Consumer Council if you are looking for any sort of compensation. I'm not sure you'll get much, but at least the stylist may receive some sort of warning.

Second, just let your hair be for a few days, if you really hate it, wear it up in a bun. Use a very moisturizing shampoo and deep conditioner to try and help the damage, especially if you will be having it re-dyed soon.

Finally, go to a reputable salon to have the darker color chemically lifted out. Toni and Guy should know what they're doing. Paul Gerrard is also wonderful (although not cheap) and their stylists are all trained in the UK or Australia and have plenty of experience dealing with your hair type. They have at least two excellent colorists there. Try contacting a colorist (at a good salon you feel comfortable with), explain the problem, maybe make an appointment for them to see your hair and they can recommend a solution from there.

Oh, and don't just walk into any more salons in HK. Get a recommendation or find someone trained in the UK, somewhere else in Europe, US, Australia, etc. Many stylists here do not have much experience dealing with blonde hair types. Its not to say that they're bad stylists, but they just don't necessarily have a lot of practice with blonde hair.

Good luck.

Last edited by hello_there; 11-07-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Not sure Consumer Council will do much. Most they'd do is file the complaint on record, then maybe later if there are a significant number of complaints on the same person, might send someone to investigate. Wouldn't really expect anything like compensation right away.

As bad as it may seem right now, relax. Getting the wrong hair color isn't the end of the world. Hair grows out. :P

PDLM, lighten up man. There are better people to direct your misanthopy towards. :P

Don't think calling her a bimbo helps anything either mate. I know her personally and she's not definitely not a troll. While she's young and inexperienced, she's definitely capable of going to the corner store for milk.

Kelly: Why'd you want blonde dye when you're already blonde? lol. I'm personally really against the use of dyes because of the potential effects on one's health from the chemicals used. Send me a pic on MSN when you get a chance.

Oh yeah, I'd do the American thing and let everyone know the name of the place and how they treated you. I'm sure the SCMP would love to publish a letter from you. Let the salon either fix you up or risk serious damage to their rep.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 11-07-2007 at 12:24 PM.

When I was 18 I had a perm thinking I would have lovely, cascading , wavy locks. I ended up looking like Crystal Tipps and had it all hacked off a two weeks later.

It's called living and learning or growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith
    Goodness, what's this meanness for?
    That's always the way PDLM is. Nothing new from his corner.

Quote Originally Posted by HKChigger
    That's always the way PDLM is. Nothing new from his corner.
    As you can see from my hundreds of posts helping people to deal with immigration, taxes, housing allowances, ... (apparently I even help people get jobs).

Unfortunately though some people are so politically correct that they can't cope with the fact that there are trolls, bimbos and other similar people in this online world and prefer to pretend that doing stupid things (like paying to get blonde hair dyed blonde) is admirable behaviour. Somebody needs to point out when the emperor has no clothes, and I guess on Geo that role seems to have fallen to me.
    Last edited by PDLM; 11-07-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Er, maybe she just wanted a lighter blonde. I don't know?

Kelly, maybe you'd wanna bleach your hair, I know it's harmful to your hair but if you really want it that bad you can deal with it.

Smile

hey
    gosh, why do the threads i make cause so much havoc all the time!i was only bloody asking for some advice. Seriously what is your problem pdlm or whatever ur username is!
    im 18 years old yeah!and trust me with the shit that ive had to deal with in this country im certainly more mature than you obviously!so dont even think about patronising me when you dont even know me!I think ive said that one before too!
    At the end of the day, i walked into a hairdressers in tin shui wai today and they sorted the whole thing out for me!It looks absolutely perfect!
    Answering your questions about going blonde when im actually blonde already, i just wanted it lightened thats all! Didnt ask for some stupid unwanted comments, but thanks for those who gave good advice and supported me

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast