Like Tree25Likes

My daughter is scaring me.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi Boris. My daughter will be 1 next week. I see parallels in what you say, especially phone conversations.

Her favourite word is 'uh oh' which she says when she drops something on the floor. It has now evolved to a very angry and much more masculine UH....OOOOOH!, which quite clearly means "pick...it...up!"

All good fun! We got the MTR back home the other day and she entertained the whole carriage including Tarzan impressions and attempted theft of random young girls' gold bracelets.

Boris likes this.

While in the UK I had a phone call from my 2 year old in the Phils on the mobile. Mother thought she was just having a pretend conversation so didn't do anything and I didn't want to just hang up....expensive these kids!

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    While in the UK I had a phone call from my 2 year old in the Phils on the mobile. Mother thought she was just having a pretend conversation so didn't do anything and I didn't want to just hang up....expensive these kids!
    I still remember several years ago the police turning up at our home in southampton when my brother (1 at the time) managed to dial 999 and make heavy, apparently distressed, breathing noises.
    Boris and SiuMaiTaiTai like this.

Well at that age Howards kids would of taken down an Elk and skinned and gutted it clean before you could say what's for tea?

My kids, boys 2 years and 3 1/2 are now such hard work that I just employed a helper today! First one to find a thread where I'm calling helpers slaves or having helpers immoral gets a like!!!

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    My kids, boys 2 years and 3 1/2 are now such hard work that I just employed a helper today! First one to find a thread where I'm calling helpers slaves or having helpers immoral gets a like!!!
    Ha ha ha, Mr SS and I vowed we'd never get a maid/helper....

I also remember earlier that same year another 2 episodes of disappearing acts - on planes. One trip TO London from Tokyo (in economy) he managed to vanish while I was putting my shoes on to take him to the toilet and was discovered by a flight attendant UPSTAIRS IN FIRST CLASS strapping himself into a seat (yes I had to say to an attendant "sorry I can't find my son" !!). On the way BACK, he was gone for ages and they found him in the bunk bed (the one the crew use for naps) at the back of the plane - this was up a ladder! Luckily the crew saw the funny side, at first it was like something out of "FLight Plan" !!

Last edited by Satay Sue; 13-09-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    fuzzysocks likes this.

Wow. I think mini SS is destined to be a pilot

If he makes it to adulthood

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    If he makes it to adulthood
    Maybe he knew exactly what he was doing when he snuck into first class, and was particularly annoyed that you discovered him just as he was examining the wine list.
    Satay Sue likes this.