Like Tree7Likes

I've hired a helper!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    It is still in Tuen Mun, right? Where you can get to Central (via Disco Bay) in under four minutes, right?
    Yes, but now he is a card-carrying hypercritic, he can do it in half the time.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    you finally adopted to HK lifestyle, Congrats ! That's what I call successful assimilation !
    Ho wah, m'goi sai.!

What's worse, I've already seen the Alphard I want..
    dear giant and Satay Sue like this.

You'll need a second helper, also from Indonesia, to cast spells on you and your loved ones that will cancel out those cast by your first helper.

Also, in order to get a jump start on saving up the cash needed for your Mainland license plate (double plates are de rigeur, as we all know), you may want to put your family on strict HK-style rations: choy and rice only, with an unlimited supply of extremely weak (but always piping hot) tea -- to be dispensed into plastic bottles water bottles wrapped, in turn, inside of those very thin sorts of plastic bags available for free (no 50 cent charge!) in the vegetable aisles of local supermarkets.

bryant.english and Freetrader like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    You'll need a second helper, also from Indonesia, to cast spells on you and your loved ones that will cancel out those cast by your first helper.
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    It is still in Tuen Mun, right? Where you can get to Central (via Disco Bay) in under four minutes, right?
    Only if you stop for coffee..

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Only if you stop for coffee..
    One more year in HK and we will see: "I've done it, I moved to MidLevels"....continue on this road and soon, you never know, you might actually become buddy with DeletedUser.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Pls have a read through the Guide on Hiring a FDH

GovHK: Hiring Foreign Domestic Helpers

If she's broken her contract, she may have to go home and wait for her visa in Indonesia. Takes 6-8 weeks to process
    Rani, do we need to go to immigration to collect this 'Domestic Helper Pack'? Will their be a standard contract included that I can use?

Thanks in advance..

Yes get the pack. It includes the contract n all the other immigration forms u need to submit

as a whitey employer, you need to buy her strawberries and mineral water as a daily staple. And don't forget to set her free at 6pm.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Yes get the pack. It includes the contract n all the other immigration forms u need to submit
    Thank you Rani, one last thing, do you know if I can collect that pack from the Yuen Long branch? I've tried Googling all of this btw....Thanks again!