Like Tree77Likes

Marrying a mainland woman in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast
    MinhVu1

best of luck in your marriage

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    Sorry but am I missing someting here. Where is this woman? She is in China? Hope you guys have met a few times before deciding to get married.

P.S.: this is not a stupid question. I know someone who is totally in love with someone he hasn't met even once and want to marry her. So I am just asking out of curiosity.
    I'm glad somebody finally dared to broach this subject. Marrying someone you don't know that well is very risky. I have two business partners who are both divorced, and the COST of being divorced is unbelievable! So best to get it right first time. I'm also assuming you are ethnically Chinese and speak the same language as her - if not, a few more warning bells would be ringing.

I'd be quite surprised if ImmD granted a Dependant Visa to someone who you just married and who you had never previously met!

Sounds to me like the mainland woman is a gold-digger.

.................................................. ..........

Last edited by Ramdom; 21-09-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    Because she's from the Mainland and must be marrying out of money and not love?

Original Post Deleted
    Because if he had met her (a significant number of times) the location where he first met her would be irrelevant.

You don't see people coming on here and starting a post about getting married by telling us they met on the #23 bus on Caine Road (or wherever).
    jimbo and Freetrader like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Nobody has made that assumption though.

Original Post Deleted
    Normal forum trolls? Who are you referring to?

There is no assumption being made, just want clarification.
    MovingIn07, Ramdom and Freetrader like this.

Poor OP!

OP - try to dig through this to get some useful advice. Ignore most (if not all) the judgmental comments.

I know a few people who internet dated their other halves and they are incredibly happy. Good luck!

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Poor OP!

OP - try to dig through this to get some useful advice. Ignore most (if not all) the judgmental comments.

I know a few people who internet dated their other halves and they are incredibly happy. Good luck!
    That's true. But there are also a fair number of men who have been married for their money - particularly in Asia. So, we only ask to ensure the OP does not get hurt.
    dear giant and Satay Sue like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast