Recently, I had a bad experience with this chain laundry store (Wanchai branch).

A few days ago, I went there to pick up my clothes and the staff told me that one of my shirts has been damaged with a 7 cm tear between the buttons (ripped). The most ridiculous thing is that she claimed that "perhaps" there was a "glue" marked on it when I brought my clothes there!!! Talking about insanity.

Anyhow, I basically got really pissed and told her that isn't a standard procedure for the staff to examine the clothes carefully before accepting it for dry-cleaning service? And that I also do not appreicate her "faulty claim" to blame the customer without even apologizing for this incident. She got freaked and told me that she'll send my shirt back to "head office" and that they'll be contacting me soon. It's been day three now and I still haven't heard anything back from them yet.

So my questions are:

1. I wonder what can I do under such circumstance?

2. What are the standard procedure whenever this sort of mishaps happened? The dress shirt costs nearly 350 USD and I seriously worried how they'll settle this for now.

3. Also, anyone has a good recommendation for dry-cleaning service in Admiraty-Wanchai-CWB area? Though I've thought of Living Clean (or Clean Living) in Hopewell centre, I thought its service is relatively similar to Q Laundry and wouldn't want to take another risk after this issue.

I'm willing to pay more for a professional service rather than going through any unnecessary fiasco again.