Like Tree34Likes

Hong Kong Observatory Always in denial?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Hang on, I'll just fetch them....

IMO all of the problems at the HKO can be traced back to HK's inefficient and ageing public transport system.....still, it could be worse...we could have a system like they have in America......appalling..bloody yanks!

Stop pushing bryant, after he will think you call him racist and nazi....

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    From the information on the website, it seems obvious that there's no consideration yet to lower T3 anytime soon.
    By soon, do you mean a few hours? By the way, they didn't give us any warning that they would lower the T3, which is strange because you said.......oh well, never mind, thanks again gilleshk! x

actually, a couple of hours ago, the HKO website DID say "we will consider lowering the signal within the next few hours".... now, it's down.

the problem is that they only give a longer, slightly more detailed forecast/synopsis every 2 hours... so, as another who runs a centre, it CAN create problems.

we follow the gov't guidelines and close when there is a T3. we had a grandma come with her grandson today and scream her head off at my assistant because we are not offering make-up classes when gov't closes the kindergartens (the same as many other centres... and all parents are told up-front BEFORE they sign up for lessons).

dear giant likes this.

Couldn't resist now could you? I guess you had that bottled too tight after your little thank you notes... Maybe you can launch another thread about how cheated you feel and how your important planning was torn apart by something that is always very predictable like the weather

I know your reading skills aren't the best but I did say that they usually forewarn but in this case they didn't(or they did but forgot to notify you personally, you better get right on that!

Last edited by gilleshk; 03-10-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Where is your close bracket gilles? Sorry for being a pedant but i got to the end of your sentence and

Touché... how witty and clever of you to notice this humongous oversight. I am truly awed at your intellectual prowess. You indeed have what it takes to be a master pedant. Congratulations!

Now go fetch BE's pipe and sandals like a good boy

[/QUOTE]

I think gilleshk mood dropped at around the same time the American sailors shipped out.....coincidence?

Yeah but it would have been funny to know she'd sat watching!

I see you follow the fleet. I guess it becomes more interesting now with the don't ask, don't tell being scrapped...

Brilliant strategy, they have excellent weather information for your planning

Last edited by gilleshk; 03-10-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Pipe and sandals? Where is BE going? To a pipe smoking gathering at Shek O? If so, can I go?

Gilles, someone may have mentioned it earlier (I forget who) but thanks for your input!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6