Buying a Webber BBQ in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Buying a Webber BBQ in Hong Kong

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Webber BBQ? I think the gas one would be preferable as it is easier to use and clean, not even sure if you can use the coal one here? Anyway, if you know of a store in the HK area that stocks them or a similar product I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Susan

We bought our bbq from Barbeques Galore at Ap Lei Chau. It wasn't a Webber, but I thought they did sell Webber's too (but not sure if they were gas ones). If they don't, I think they might be able to point you in the right direction, the store has Aussie owners that know a lot about bbq's.

Try Indigo

Try Indigo, I think they have a Webber, if I'm not mistaken...

http://www.indigo-living.com/retail_...6&subcatid=219

So here is a question: Where do you get the re-fill the propane containers for the Gas Grills? In US you can get new ones at any Gas/Petrol station but what about HK?

I can confirm that Indigo in Horizon Plaza sells Weber grills. Not that many models, but guess that they can order if you know which model you are after.

Be warned they are not cheap, about double what you would pay in the US, but they do sell them.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

With all due respect to Weber-why on earth would you get anything else but a Cobb over here?
    http://www.cobbglobal.com/cobb_products.asp

This is the Hairy Bikers weapon of choice for a reason

Thanks to everyone for your replies and advice!! I'll check them all out.

Climber - are you talking about the gas cylinders attached to the bbq's? We are the same in Australia, you can swap and go and most petrol stations.

When we bought our bbq from BBQ's galore, they gave us a business card with a contact to call and they delivered it for us. I just ring them up when it's empty now and they come and change it over. I've got the name at home if anyone needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEL:
    Climber - are you talking about the gas cylinders attached to the bbq's? We are the same in Australia, you can swap and go and most petrol stations.

When we bought our bbq from BBQ's galore, they gave us a business card with a contact to call and they delivered it for us. I just ring them up when it's empty now and they come and change it over. I've got the name at home if anyone needs it.

Great to know thanks!! (Would you mind PM'ing me that contact info). We're also looking into purchasing a grill but still not sure If we'll get the gas or one of those Cobb gimmicks that kobuchakid is raving about. I did miss the charcoal flavor when we had a gas Weber back in the states, but at the same time, the gas grill was ready to go within seconds.....decisions decisions.....