Like Tree19Likes

And I thought HSBC could not get any harder to use....

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The new HSBC thing for transfers drives me nuts!!!! Considering how many transfers I do each day, I must say its really really really annoying. (I have already given them my feedback). Their internet banking really sucks.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Don't use HSBC. Problem solved!

I'm happy with the security feature with DBS. I can view my account just by logging in, if I want to do any transactions I press a different button and get a text message with a code that needs to be entered.

Apart from that the bank is crap!

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Don't use HSBC. Problem solved!
    We've been through this before.

You say that, and then people chime in claiming its hard to change banks etc and that they have many different HSBC accounts opened all round the world etc.

Can't win really.

BTW I've changed banks a few times now, both in the UK (where it is very easy) and in HK (where there is a bit more leg work involved). It is doable, but I guess many people just can't be arsed to deal with it and find it easier to moan about it.

Edit: Just to add in fairness I do like a moan on occasion as well about various companies.
    Last edited by pin; 06-10-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    bookblogger likes this.

Put my security device in the washing machine by accident. Logged on and went to order a replacement... I was asked to press the green button and enter my 6 digit code!! Why would anyone be ordering a replacement if the old one still worked???

Last edited by nlh1309; 10-10-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    They have just introduced the same device to HSBC UK.

Not as bad as Nationwide security device, where you have to put your card into the device to generate numbers.

End of the day, if you don't like the system, they are not forcing you to bank with them. If you don't like it, change banks.
    Have you used the Nationwide device in Hong Kong to access your accounts? So far I am still on the old Nationwide system (dual password), but I wonder if I will have to go over to the new system.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Have you used the Nationwide device in Hong Kong to access your accounts? So far I am still on the old Nationwide system (dual password), but I wonder if I will have to go over to the new system.
    Wow, they are still keeping you on the old system. I was forced to upgrade about a year ago.

Yes, it works fine from Hong Kong.
    drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Wow, they are still keeping you on the old system. I was forced to upgrade about a year ago.

Yes, it works fine from Hong Kong.
    I've been using the Nationwide device for the last year too and it seems to work regardless of location....fine in HK, France and UK (of course). And their internet banking is absolute bliss compared to HK banks

pin / bibbju

Did either of you get the device sent out to Hong Kong, or did you have a UK registered address with Nationwide at the time and it was sent there / or you picked up from a branch?

I was still in the UK when I got my device so still using my UK address at the time. Actually, I have two as the first one took forever to arrive in the post so I thought it was lost and ordered another online. There's an internet banking option to order a new device. You could just try that and see if it gets delivered to your HK address....should work. HSBC UK are allegedly posting their UK device to my HK address (although I'll believe it when I see it!)

drumbrake likes this.