Like Tree1Likes

Hong Kong 7s tickets 2012

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hong Kong 7s tickets 2012

Morning,

Does anyone know where tickets for next year's 7s are available and when they go on sale.

Thanks

Normally early in December. The HK public allocation goes on sale via HKTicketing (phone/internet) and are sold out within an hour or two. You can also get tickets through being a member of a local rugby club, through renting a box (though there is a waiting list I believe), or as part of the overseas allocations through travel agents, or in conjunction with flights from overseas through Cathay Pacific (one of the main sponsors).

Be sure to get a good internet connection. I was left stranded trying to buy tix and wasn't successful.

Best to find someone whom you know that can sell them to you if you are not successful at the online sale.

I was able to secure tix at the entrance which ended out cheaper than the list price. Saved me 20% at least.

There is also the long-around-convoluted-way:
    - find partner
    - copulate
    - 9 months later, pay for delivery
    - support&raise baby for 4.5 years
    - signup sprog to mini-rugby
    - get tickets allocated.

Admittedly, this is very round about way, but the kid will have other benefits besides getting you rugby tickets :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    There is also the long-around-convoluted-way:
    - find partner
    - copulate
    - 9 months later, pay for delivery
    - support&raise baby for 4.5 years
    - signup sprog to mini-rugby
    - get tickets allocated.

Admittedly, this is very round about way, but the kid will have other benefits besides getting you rugby tickets :-)
    Possibly not the best approach to get 2012 tickets though!
    virago likes this.

Well, yes, its a bit late for newcomers but luckily for me, I still have an 8 year old playing so I shall get a few tickets again this year.

Price range of tickets? any idea

There's only one price (for adults) - free seating within the ground, and the ticket includes all 3 days. It was $1250 last year.

Last edited by PDLM; 13-10-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Pretty sure the online/phone sale was mid-January, in the last couple of years. I managed to get tickets online once.

thanks all, very helpful

i think i may have to lie about the eldest's age to go down the rugby route, but I can always put the juniors in my team to work on the morning tickets are released ;-)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast