the lodge/ living in west kowloon

Closed Thread

the lodge/ living in west kowloon

Hi - I'm looking for a service apart and a friend (male expat) of mine recommended the lodge. I'm about to go and see it but another friend of mine (female local) said that that area (canton road near temple street) is a really bad area and she would not recommend a women to stay there alone.

Obviously I need to find somewhere to live quickly, but I'll be coming home 9.30 - 10pm each night at the earliest, so it needs to be safe.

Can anyone give me any advice about that area, or suggest a serviced apartment in a good area (<10,000 pref in kowloon).

Thanks hugely

Jen

Where exactly is the lodge?

Canton rd and Temple st are parallel.

If you are talking about Temple st, it gets busy until at least 11.30 pm. Even after busy hours, most places in HK are quite safe.

It is true though that there are some drug addicts around that area and it looks a bit dodgy but those people normally mind their own business and are unlikely to harrass anyone.

Why not go there and have a look at night?

In the end that's exactly what I did, and I think I should be ok, I'll just get a taxi back if I'm going to be later than 11pm.

I think coming from London my understanding of a "bad area" is rather worse than my friend's....

Quote Originally Posted by meemiathai:
    Where exactly is the lodge?

Why not go there and have a look at night?

Don't worry you will be fine.