Looking for a fitness club. Any suggestions?

Closed Thread

Talking Looking for a fitness club. Any suggestions?

Hi Everyone,

I arrived HK yesterday and I'm looking for a good fitness club. I'm looking for an apartment in Happy Valley and I work in Time Square. So any one that's close to either place would be great.

Since I'm an avid swimmer, I was hoping to join one with a swimming pool that would allow me to do laps. However, my co-workers have told me that it is impossible to find a reasonably priced club with a large swimming pool.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, any happy hours planed for the next couple of weeks? Also looking to make new friends.

Cheers,
    Queccy

If you are working in Times Square there is a california fitness right there which is a good options. There is "Physical" in Causeway bay that will give you cheaper membership but I find it crowded.

Thanks! Just FYI, I did some research this weekend and found out there is this place called Southen China Sports Club. It's more like the Hong Kong version of YMCA. Membership fees for non-HK residence is 50/month; but you have to pay seperately for gym, swimming pool, classes... etc.

You may consider Seasons Sports Club at Citibank Tower in Admiralty, there are swimming pool (not too big), gym, spa...monthly fee around $400.

ALL,

Just FYI, I did more research. For California, one of the best deals they offer the locals is around $325 a month, no sign-up fees with all the benefits (class, locker, towel service, and anytime workout).

I went to one this weekend to see what deal I can get and this sales person tried to offer hackle me for $400 sign up fee, some other $400 one-time fee then $400 a month. I later found out that locals pay much cheaper b/c they know the market better. So keep on negotiating until you get a resonable package

it is difficult to find good pools on HK Island

Is it still 400 for seasons?

I just got quoted 459 hkd a month with no enrollment fees because of a corporate discount. I work in this building, so in terms of convience it's a no brainer. but is 459 a fair price? I know everyone raves about Pure Fitness in IFC, but how is Pure on Hollywood?

Queccy

Where is this Southern China Sports Club located? Do they have a website?

Ryan