Kitchens and Bathrooms

Closed Thread

Kitchens and Bathrooms

We're just about to buy an apartment which will need a new bathroom and kitchen. Can anyone suggest any good shops for fittings - either to buy or just to get ideas. I guess we mainly need appliances, chinaware and tiling.

Many thanks

Lockhart Road in Wanchai has several kitchen and bathroom shops where you can get ideas from. They are on the Causeway bay side of the bars.
    I hate to say it, but Ikea is also a decent place.

As Lammarite says, plus for appliances it depends on your budget - Fortress at the cheaper end, up to things like Miele if you have more to spend.

Can also add B&Q at Kowloon Bay.

It also depends on the area you live.
    Wanchai has fantastic designs and the highest prices but locally you will find shops , that allthough not as big as the Wanchi operations, can get you what you want at a good price. Stanley Street in Mong Kok is one example. In Tia Po Market ( New Territories ) there are hundreds.

I would start local and work you way out.

Very true Boris, but I did stipulate that Wanchai was good for ideas.
    If you have a friend who is an architect or in th etrade you can often get things at trade prices through them.

I agree Lammerite.
    Gets the mind spinning with great design - then you look at the price tags !!

That's all really helpful - many thanks for your thoughts. Will be off down Lockhart Road at the weekend (and not forget B&Q!)