Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bryant.english

Looking for an attorney to handle the rental dispute

Closed Thread

Looking for an attorney to handle the rental dispute

I live in US, but I own a property in Kowloon. My relative has been lived in my Kowloon property for 2 years without paying any rent. I would like to take legal action against her. Where could I find an attorney who can speak Mandarin or English to handle the case?

you want to take your relative to court?

Tell your relative that your selling the house and to bugger off.

If you want to take em to court and get them booted out, read this, you can have someone authorized on your behalf to register the case.

Court Services & Facilities

Are you looking to recover back-dated rent? Or just vacate the property? If the latter, I presume you've actually asked and they have refused before considering legal action?

I wrote a letter to my relative for asking her to move out by the end of year or start to pay the rent. It's very likely she is going to ignore me. If this case, I'm going to take her to court. Could I ask my friend to be an authorized person (with letter of authorization)? Thanks for your information.

troll alert..

Satay Sue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    troll alert..
    Why would this not be a legit question?

This stuff happens all the time and especially where relatives get involved and what starts out as a favour gets taken advantage of.

I know of a situation where two married sisters and families agreed for some crazy reason to switch homes as one had relatives from overseas there for an extended time period (Canada). When their guests left some 6 months later the sister and husband wanted to move back to their larger house across the street but were told, no, they were staying. It got real ugly. It happens.

Sent you a PM of a contact for this.

I suggest a legal letter first. It will probably cost between $3-$4k to draft and then background info could be another $5k but I am only guessing.

In any dispute going to court is the last resort. Try to resolve it first.