Airport shuttle from TST

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by erictby:
    Along Nathan Road, there have a lot of A21 bus stop. Why you want go back to Hung Hom from China Ferry Terminal?

If you insisted go back to Hung Hom, take 6 or 6A minibus just beside the terminal. If you walk from ferry terminal to TST East KCR station, you just finish your 1/3 journey. TST East KCR station was about 1km away (walkable path) from China ferry terminal.

If you stay at TST, I suggest, just walk along Nathan Road without your luggage before you depart. Find which stop more convinient for you.
    Its because we are using info from other sources.

I am sure that the poster is going to be happy that you gave local knowledge to help.

HOWEVER as Nathan Road is very long from one end on Kowloon to the other, where are the stops local to TST MTR station exits in Nathan Road?

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Its because we are using info from other sources.

I am sure that the poster is going to be happy that you gave local knowledge to help.

HOWEVER as Nathan Road is very long from one end on Kowloon to the other, where are the stops local to TST MTR station exits in Nathan Road?
    There was 4 or 5 bus stop for A21/N21 (A21 day & night time, N21 midnight) at TST (from New World to TST Police Station) along Nathan Road.

I think the 2 possible bus stop for the OP was, the one before Haiphong Rd (the bus stop was at the opposite of Mirador Building) and the one in front of TST police station since his last location was the China Ferry terminal.

But I never catch the A21 or N21 buses, just check the exact location yourself before you leave as I mentioned early.

If I was you, without a lot of luggages and before midnight, I will take MTR from TST station or Jordan station to Tung Chung Station (Remember change your train at Lai King station), it cost HKD17 (HKD15.10 for Octopus).

At Tung Chung station just come out from Exit B, walk straight to another entrance at other building (Just follow other people. A lot people, espeacially local people, will go to the bus station). There was Tung Chung Bus Station/Terminal (I no sure it was a Station or a Terminal). Take S1 or S64 to Airport, it cost HKD3.50.

Total cost HKD 20.50 (HKD18.6 for Octopus) compare with A21 HKD33 (N21 HKD23; But remember, it for midnight only. N21 was you only solution, if you leave at midnight since taxi was not your selection). I think this method was the cheapest method but time consuming because have to waste a lot of time for the few time vehicles changing.

Hope this help you.

Wow thanks for all the useful information

I will be dropping off my GF at the China Ferry Terminal at 1:30pm and will then proceed to the Airport. I will have lots of luggage, well one big bag, one smaller one, and one backpack. Total weight will be over 35kg. After I drop her off at the China Ferry Terminal, I am all by myself and lost. I think I will go with the first route that erictby suggested unless he thinks with my luggage, I will be allowed on the bus. What do you think? I just want the cheapest way possible without walking too too much.

Also considering I have lots of luggage, I am not sure.

Oh, I will be staying at the Chungking Mansion on Nathan road if that is close to anything. Thanks again!

Last edited by BryanL; 08-08-2007 at 10:24 PM.

There was 4 or 5 bus stop for A21/N21 (A21 day & night time, N21 midnight) at TST (from New World to TST Police Station) along Nathan Road.

I think the 2 possible bus stop for the OP was, the one before Haiphong Rd (the bus stop was at the opposite of Mirador Building) and the one in front of TST police station since his last location was the China Ferry terminal.

But I never catch the A21 or N21 buses, just check the exact location yourself before you leave as I mentioned early.

If I was you, without a lot of luggages and before midnight, I will take MTR from TST station or Jordan station to Tung Chung Station (Remember change your train at Lai King station), it cost HKD17 (HKD15.10 for Octopus).

At Tung Chung station just come out from Exit B, walk straight to another entrance at other building (Just follow other people. A lot people, espeacially local people, will go to the bus station). There was Tung Chung Bus Station/Terminal (I no sure it was a Station or a Terminal). Take S1 or S64 to Airport, it cost HKD3.50.

Total cost HKD 20.50 (HKD18.6 for Octopus) compare with A21 HKD33 (N21 HKD23; But remember, it for midnight only. N21 was you only solution, if you leave at midnight since taxi was not your selection). I think this method was the cheapest method but time consuming because have to waste a lot of time for the few time vehicles changing.

Hope this help you.
    I was aware of the Tung Chung trick but never tried it myself (I still boycot MTR anyway). The A buses like the one going to Nathan Road coast HK$40 or so as noted. If you look at the A buses stops from the Airport you will see another line of buses, the E buses these are cheaper (around HK$20) but they are a bit slower than the A buses.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe:
    I was aware of the Tung Chung trick but never tried it myself (I still boycot MTR anyway). The A buses like the one going to Nathan Road coast HK$40 or so as noted. If you look at the A buses stops from the Airport you will see another line of buses, the E buses these are cheaper (around HK$20) but they are a bit slower than the A buses.

From my understanding, you try to explain how to get the transport from airport. The OP asked how to get cheaper transport to airport from China Ferry Terminal.

Are you sure E buses pass by TST or Jordan (the OP started point)?

If I am not mistaken, E buses serve area above Island Habourview (Olympian City) & Tai Kok Tsui; and E11 go to HK Island. E buses not reach TST and Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL:
    Wow thanks for all the useful information

I will be dropping off my GF at the China Ferry Terminal at 1:30pm and will then proceed to the Airport. I will have lots of luggage, well one big bag, one smaller one, and one backpack. Total weight will be over 35kg. After I drop her off at the China Ferry Terminal, I am all by myself and lost. I think I will go with the first route that erictby suggested unless he thinks with my luggage, I will be allowed on the bus. What do you think? I just want the cheapest way possible without walking too too much.

Also considering I have lots of luggage, I am not sure.

Oh, I will be staying at the Chungking Mansion on Nathan road if that is close to anything. Thanks again!
    If you stay in Chungking Mansion, the best way~~~

Leave your luggage in the Chungking Mansion while send you gf to China Ferry Terminal. Then come back to Chungking Mansion to take your luggage and take the A21 at opposite of Mirador Building. (Mirador Building just two block away from Chungking Mansion).

REMEMBER!!! Take the A21 at opposite Mirador Building NOT in front of Mirador Building. From your own map, I think you wont confused which side you should take the bus.

OR

TST MTR exit was very close-by the Chungking Mansion. If you want to used MTR.

For your luggage problem, I saw this real situation before, maybe can help you have some idea. 5/6 guy with 5/6 big luggage allow to enter the buses (Not A21 bus). I not sure how your luck.

...Leave your luggage in the Chungking Mansion while send you gf to China Ferry Terminal. Then come back to Chungking Mansion to take your luggage and take the A21 at opposite of Mirador Building. (Mirador Building just two block away from Chungking Mansion)...
    This is the best I can think of. 35 Kg of luggage no problem on the airport bus. Be aware: There is a bus stop opposite Chungking Mansion which is temporarily suspended. The next bus stop available is on the corner of Nathan Road and Haiphong Road in front of the Watsons store. (Not exactly opposite Mirador mansion, but opposite of Golden Crown which is the next building north of Mirador). Just cross the road in front of Chungking and turn right for about 200m.

By the way, just across Haiphong Road is the Kowloon Park. The nicest way to the ferry terminal is through there. You can Walk right into the ferry terminal without hitting any road from Kowloon Park. Past the bird Lake, across Canton road over the bridge and turn right at the Royal Pacific Hotel. (See www.centamap.com for details).

I can't find the edit button of my previous post, so here a correction, since I just passed that busstop (coming from the Hongkong China City across Kowloon Park). It is indeed opposite of Mirador Mansion (at the far end from Chungking) and not as I wrote before in front of the Watsons store.