Typhoon 3, hope signal 10 is not far away

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

What is the best website to check for weather forecast in HK? Benn looking at weather.com and everyday all it says is 60% chance of rain. Anyone know of a good site?

Quote Originally Posted by rprioletti:
    What is the best website to check for weather forecast in HK?
    http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm is as good as any weather forecast is. And lots of extra info about all sorts of stuff.

According to the Observatory HK will get a direct hit at around 7am tomorrow and will stay in the No.8 radius even at 2pm. I agree No.8 is enough for fun.

EDIT: That's the best for HK weather: www.weather.gov.hk

Last edited by Azuremain; 08-08-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuremain:
    According to the Observatory HK will get a direct hit at around 7am tomorrow and will stay in the No.8 radius even at 2pm. I agree No.8 is enough for fun.

EDIT: That's the best for HK weather: www.weather.gov.hk
    It's already only a Tropical Storm, and is very unlikely to strengthen that much overnight - not to mention that newer forecasts are now having it pass to the north of Hong Kong. There may or may not be a T3 signal overnight, but I'd give you 1000:1 odds on a T8 from this storm. There might be some interesting weather going on tonight, but I think we're all going to be working tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    It's already only a Tropical Storm, and is very unlikely to strengthen that much overnight - not to mention that newer forecasts are now having it pass to the north of Hong Kong. There may or may not be a T3 signal overnight, but I'd give you 1000:1 odds on a T8 from this storm. There might be some interesting weather going on tonight, but I think we're all going to be working tomorrow...
    You bloody pessimist. Tropical Storm, means we could get the Black Rain Signal. Good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Still labelled as a Severe Tropical Storm on the website, upgraded from a Tropical Storm yesterday. Not that strong though. If its a working day it won't be an 8 they are always saved for weekends

Still just a 3, which is good for me because I have to head to the Consulate and solve some passsport issues.
    Plus I have been through hurricanes and it isn't worth the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    Still just a 3, which is good for me because I have to head to the Consulate and solve some passsport issues.
    Plus I have been through hurricanes and it isn't worth the day off.

Signal 8s in HK are usually fine. It's the signal 10s that get worrisome, but buildings in HK are typically reinforced against hurricanes/typhoons, unlike Miami or New Orleans.

Seems to be mostly newbies to HK on this thread, don't worry, it's not like earthquakes or hurricanes in America (apparently). HK is well developed and used to typhoons, it's really no big deal. If we do have a number 8 somewhen it'll be a bit windy, a couple of rubbish bins will blow over and one or two shop signs will fall down then everything will be back to normal.

storm fizzled ..... oh well!

read that NY had torrential rains and caused severe flooding....

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast