what do you wish you brought?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question what do you wish you brought?

I am sorting our house for the movers who come next Tuesday. is there anything you didn't bring along but wish you had? we are bringing basics (computers, Wii and accesories, my keyboard (piano) a monitor and a mac mini, some mementos (pictures, stuff form our time dating, stuff for me to scrapbook) a set of 4 plates and bowls (we got them for our wedding) hub's racing gear (helmet, hans, suit, nomex, shoes) and a set of crystal we got for the wedding (small set, serves 6) and board games like pictionary and trivial pursuit)

is there anything (besides what you would take on a trip, clothing, toiletries, etc) that you would recommend, as you missed it when you moved?

Thanks for the input!

Rebekah

my books.
    toolbox [this thing was STOCKED].
    full kitchen arsenal + spices.
    sweets from home.

did i say books?
    let's say it again.
    my books!

Quote Originally Posted by mckpoon

toolbox [this thing was STOCKED].
    It really sucks buying an entire toolbox set again, I have a great set too, currently residing underneath the Empire States Building waiting for affordable lodging in NYC.

a good frypan (electric)...my own brand of make up foundation...thick luscious bathtowels, lots of your favourite underwear.. healthy tinned soups,

I second the underwear. Also nick knacks - you can buy lots of furniture but stuff to make the place homely is harder to come by. You can get most foods etc here but I still like getting a few favioutes from home.

Are you paying to ship the stuff? If shipping is free, there are some items you might want to stock up on.

Be careful not to bring too many linens, towles, clothes, etc... as space here is tight. We brought too much and now are in the process of returning it to our storage unit every time we head back.

I didn't bring my photo albums, but extracted special photos and framed them here. I had been warned beforehand.

A friend of mine had a box go "missing" on the sea journey from the UK to HK with EVERY single photo she ever owned in it (along with negatives), along with other bits and bobs. I suppose it's different if your photos are digital, but she wasn't impressed at her wedding photos disappearing.

I wish I brought...

I moved 3 weeks ago and now have my shipment 1 week and am settling in. Now that the dust has setteled, I wish I had bathroom accessories. I love Shabby Chic, and believe me, as far as I can see Rachel Ashwell is no where to be found!

I miss everything to be honest. I just don't like shopping here. Ikea is OK for quick fix items like pillows or table ware but even food shopping is a chore.

Yes, you can now find a lot of things but you pay double for things like spices.

I even miss toilet tissue and "Kleenex" from the states.

I realized that Pots and Pans are EXPENSIVE here!!! They rarely sell sets of pots and pans and tend of sell them individually ($$$$)/ I totally regret not having bought a brand new set of pots and pans from Macy's in the states and shipping them. If you didn't bring pots and pans, thinking you can buy them here, I suggest you buy a set and add them to your shipment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast