Ideas for a company celebration?

Closed Thread

Ideas for a company celebration?

Our company will be one year old in a couple of weeks and we want to celebrate with staff and clients - but are struggling for ideas.

There is the "standard" office party (aka an Xmas function at a hotel etc) which "would do" but is not very "special" or "interesting".

I'd throw open the top of my boat, except I don't think either staff or clients would travel that far to it!

We've considered holding something in our office (we have a piano in reception which we could get someone to play) but our office is not really set up for an event.

Has anyone got any other ideas? The target audience is approx 80% western.

Congratulations on the anniversary!

How many people would you be expecting to participate?

Hire a night junk.

Depending on the size of your office party a Tram Party Hong Kong Tramways might be something a little different and they can arrange catering. Not sure how busy they are at this time of year, we booked ours a year in advance and it was a huge hit by all that attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Congratulations on the anniversary!

How many people would you be expecting to participate?
    About 30-50

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Hire a night junk.
    The problem with a junk is that it requires people to turn up at a certain time, or get left behind. The types of folks we would be inviting (lawyers, bankers, utility professionals, and worst, our own staff) would really struggle to do that. So I think we need something that is flexible enough to cope with later arrivals!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Depending on the size of your office party a Tram Party Hong Kong Tramways might be something a little different and they can arrange catering. Not sure how busy they are at this time of year, we booked ours a year in advance and it was a huge hit by all that attended.
    Could people join this at different times/locations? If yes ... I like it.....

unfortunately I cannot get that website to work

I have tried the tram a number of times for events. It is nice for this kind of venue....but I think it will be a little hard to arrange for different times/locations for pick up

If you would be interested in venue only, then I can also recommend the roof top on the Fringe Club. Quite nice (not too big, not to small) and has a cosy feeling to it. You can have a standing bar and have some music played as well

rent a vintage chop top double decker bus and cruise around town.