Learn how to make short films.

Closed Thread

Learn how to make short films.

I would like to make short educational films but need to learn how to do it!

I need to know what equipment I need (camera/lighting/green screen). The majority of films will be taken in one room and I would like to add background and basic special effects using a computer. (say, me, but with the moon in the background, that kind of thing!!)

I also need to learn about the software, what I should use and how to use it!

Is there a course or any entrepreneurial students who would like me to pay them to help an old man!! I'll make you famous, (if only among 3-6 year olds)

Oh, and I need to know where I can source all of the necessary equipment!!

Thanks, I'm in Tuen Mun btw!!

Last edited by bryant.english; 13-01-2012 at 08:35 AM.

I thought you were doing the sepecial effects like fart noises in the background!

On a serious note I would try and get a 2-3 year film production student to help with production, scripting and editing. I couldn't offer a school that has this but I am sure they exist. Just trawl the uni website for film courses and approach them directly.

The standard editing software is FinalCut Pro.

Thanks V! That's what I'm hoping for, a student who would like the chance to make some real short films that will really be used in the real world!! REAL!

What about this, where could I buy one of these?

There are a couple of stores on Apliu St in Sham Shui Po that sell softboxes, lights and stands. Not sure if they'll have green screens/green seamless background paper though.

I would first fund the right guy or girl to help with the production as they will most likely have this equipment and know what is needed. When the production is successful (which I am sure will happen) then you could purchase later. I always look at saving money first before investing in equipment etc.

I found this with a quick search. I am sure you can get an eager student to help.

My wife used to be in front of the camera and have done film production in Beijing a few years ago for a few clients.

Hi Virgo, your attitude to money is like mine.....earn then buy.....I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Hi Virgo, your attitude to money is like mine.....earn then buy.....I like it!
    And if you contact the schools directly you could get a student that can use it for credit for a course so then it become labour free, or nearly for a small fee and if they are good then pay them. Good for their resume!