PDA Help

PDA Help

I'm thinking of purchasing a PDA (at the companies expense if possible) and was thinking of the HP iPaq 4355. Without getting into the reasons why it is better or worse than other choices, can anybody tell me, if I bought one in USA would still be compatible in HK (meaning WiFi, bluetooth, wlan, etc) I would hate to get one here only to find out I couldn't link to anything in HK. May not be a problem, I guess, if I am only linking to my personal computer. Any feedback would be appreciated as I am not up to speed on electronic technology.

hey, I was thinking about buying an ipaq (maybe the 3715) in hong kong + a GPS, without all the navigator software which I have...
    how much is that suppose to cost ? I'm on my way to australia and I was just summing the money I need...
    by the way, will this GPS bluetooth system will work in other places of the world such as the U.S ?
    thanks ! plz reply to my Email u possible...
    montag

Quote Originally Posted by flyroy:
    WiFi, bluetooth
    WiFi should be fine. There are 11 channels supported by devices from the USA and those include the two important ones that all devices are supposed to support worldwide (10 and 11). I've used a UK bought PocketPC in a Hong Kong hotel before although UK ones have 2 more channels than their USA counterparts.

Bluetooth seems a bit more complex as various countries have different restrictions on power, channels and rate. It looks like devices from the USA will function with devices from Hong Kong but I cannot be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by montag:
    how much is that suppose to cost? will this GPS bluetooth system will work in other places of the world such as the U.S?
    This sort of software is usually pretty expensive. The best option is to get it with the hardware. And yep GPS can be used any where in the world provided it can pick up a few satellites and you have the map data to support the country.

Bluetooth will work wherever you are in the world as will your wireless connection. My laptop, whch has built in bluetooth and wireless card and is from the UK, is compatible with all the devices I have bought in HK such as mobile phone, iPAQ PDA and my wireless network here.

Options such as GPS will also work here in HK.

JK