Like Tree1Likes

Excellent book

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Excellent book

Just purchased "The Leisurely Hikers Guide to Hong Kong" by Pete Spurrier. What an excellent book, it's exactly what I have been after since I arrived last year. Interesting walks, well researched and easy to follow plus some nice photos.

So if you have a bit of time on your hands and want to do some exploring I recommend it as a good companion.

Pete's one of the few nice guys left in HK. Didn't know he had a new book out. I'll ask him about it...

Pete is one of the nicest guys still in Hong kong, a shame his hair left many years ago though!
    His book has been out for a few years now though I suspect he has some new stuff heading for an updated version.
    On the topic of good books, I'm reading The Swarm at the moment and if you like eco-novels with a bit of science thrown in it is 870 pages of gripping stuff!
    I'm almost finished so looking for suggestions for the next book...........

His "Serious Hikers guide to HK" got a review in HK mag last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekkerhead:
    Just purchased "The Leisurely Hikers Guide to Hong Kong" by Pete Spurrier. What an excellent book, it's exactly what I have been after since I arrived last year. Interesting walks, well researched and easy to follow plus some nice photos.

So if you have a bit of time on your hands and want to do some exploring I recommend it as a good companion.
    I've been looking for something exactly like this. Where can I get it?

Also, are there people on this site that put together group hikes and such? If not, there should be.

I thought it would be on his website, its not.

I've sent Pete an email and asked him to stop by with directions.

Quote Originally Posted by srvblooze:
    I've been looking for something exactly like this. Where can I get it?

Also, are there people on this site that put together group hikes and such? If not, there should be.
    any major bookstore in HK should have it, I got mine from PageOne in Festival Walk

I want to start hiking more. I hiked the Dragon's Back this past weekend and enjoyed it. Which book would you recommend I get? The serious hikers guide or the leisurely hikers guide? I'm looking for easy to moderate hikes, about 3 hrs long, fairly similar to the Dragon's Back.

From Pete.

who are these people, and how do they know the fate of my hair??

Still I guess it's better to be talked about than the alternative!

Those hiking books can be found at www.formasiabooks.com

"Leisurely hikers guide" is more street level stuff - with buildings of interest - aimed for oldies and families maybe?. For actual trail walking - i would imagine the 'Serious' book is probably what you are after.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast