Phone Stolen...I think

Phone Stolen...I think

My unfortunate trail of events begins in Mong Kok: I purchased a brand new Panasonic phone from the Mong Kok electronic phone plaza a few months ago. This apparently brand new phone has given me nothing but issues from the beginning; I have had to take it in to be repaired four times. I dropped it off a week and a half ago and when I went back to pick it up I was told the store had closed down!! I called the customer information number I was given about six times and low and behold I was hung up on every time. I am super frustrated and angry at having my phone potentially stolen to begin with. It is now clear that these people were obviously selling products that were not new and possibly stolen. Is there anything I can do? Should I file a police report?

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

………………………………b

So where on earth is your phone now? Did you get your sim card out?

Ask a chinese colleague to call them. Also, do you have the name of the company? You can trace their registered office address using the companies registry and try some alternative phone numbers.

Final resort .. yeah .. just report it to the cops and once you're satisfied .. go out and buy a new phone. And lesson -- if you drop phones often -- get something with a local manufacturers warranty.

Thanks Guys :)

Thanks for your replies

I have a receipt from them, but everything is in Chinese. And I was fortunate enough to get my SIM card out before I handed it to them.

I sent the number the lady gave me an SMS lastnight, stating that I would report them to the police if they did not return my phone...and this morning we got a text back in Chinese...(Christian is on his way to work so he'll get it sussed out there).

Do you guys think the police would give a flying frog about my phone? I have almost always had great experiences with helpful cops on the street.

Thanks Again,
    .....................b

phone call

I forgot to mention that we got some Chinese friends to call them yesterday, and as soon as they started explaining our cause the person hung up!!

These people seriously need a dog bite where the sun doesn't shine
    .................................b

Bobbie - Your phone's probably been sold off or on its way to China. Reporting to the police -- well, it will be a low priority issue for them but will give you some satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiesehra:
    I forgot to mention that we got some Chinese friends to call them yesterday, and as soon as they started explaining our cause the person hung up!!

These people seriously need a dog bite where the sun doesn't shine
    .................................b
    Bobbie, I could lend you Happy to bite them. But don't think she'll be too useful for that. With these people, sometimes you have to threaten and yell and scream. But like what KIA said, next time get a phone from a reputable shop.

I want to borrow 'Happy' to bite mean people!!

retribution is a [email protected]#$

A quick update on my phones woe's...

I called the lady last night one last time and shouted profanities...I also declared I would enlist the help of the HK police and consumer control....

She said I could pick my phone up today!

fingers crossed!
    .........................b

I wouldn't go alone if I were you.