Brand new to HK..... can you help?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by wclarke:
    i've been over here over a year now and i am not working so have not made many friends outside my husbands work colleagues, not that i am compaining they are very nice but you definitely have to join groups etc or i think you do find it hard
    i was told i wouldn't have a problem as i am quite outgoing but maybe being in bar management and sales and having to be constantly happy and chatty to clients for the last umpteen years has made me exhausted and not wanting it to be hard...
    jennifer i am also recently married so understand what you mean about that also
    the friends i built up when i moved to london 10 years ago were still my friends when i left
    the age thing may also be a factor as i was a lot younger and maybe more confident but surely confidence gets better with age......
    i was in pokfulam and knew nobody so we moved to DB which is nice and i met a really nice lady at the shop and she told me to call by for coffee, (how silly i went home to my husband and said i have my very first friend after a year that hasn't been anything to do with you so happy, how sad) i called twice by the house but she wasn't there and the second time i left a note and she hasn't contacted me so now don't want to be a stalker!!!
    back to the drawing board
    the last expat website i went on some of the people were soo rude i didn't go back, so i now end reading a lot of threads but not posting
    anyway i'm babbling.......
    kiwie, it is a great place though and you will enjoy it, loads of hikes to do places to see
    hope you have settled in ok
    jennifer and kiwie as relative newbies if you ever want to catch up with coffee to swap ideas let me know
    cheers
    hi,
    I live in Tung Chung and have a lot free time. If you like to we could meet for a coffee or lunch sometime. PM me
    Rayna

Hi,

I live in The Zenith too. My domestic helper comes and does my place every Thurs. Very trustworthy - I just leave the keys with her. She also does my friends place (also Zenith) after she's finished mine.

PM me if u r interested.

join us tmr?

wclarke

come join us tomorrow: http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/newpostinthread25422.html

i haven't met KKKK and czen but know we'll gonna have some fun together.

sorry about the delay, love to, i am away from tomorrow until the 2nd so anytime after that

wendy

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    FYI ... http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/newpostinthread26533.html

>> some of the people were soo rude

Well, thats exactly why we're not that site.
    hi, when is the next one, my sister and i went to bali for a few days over the above date...
    wendy