Like Tree4Likes

Whitney Houston Confirmed Dead

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Anyone else noticing that the older we get the more of these depressing inevitabilities seem to be happening to our contemporaries?

HKCHIPS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Anyone else noticing that the older we get the more of these depressing inevitabilities seem to be happening to our contemporaries?
    I'm with you on that sentiment, but what was even more depressing was a period a few weeks go when there was a spate of obituaries in the SCMP,three in total, all for men younger than myself.

Nothing depressing about a druggie finally kicking the bucket. Such a shame so many of these celebrity drug fiends can't kick their addiction even for the sake of their kids.

I don't see what's depressing either. In most cases people reap what they sow... If you live a healthy life, chances are pretty good you won't keel over earlier than you should. Pretty sad when a young healthy person draws the wrong card but otherwise it's no surprise and par for the course as is the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    That's what keeps reminding me of whenever I read news like these. Not to mention many have had passed on earlier than expected, as the same result of unfortunate or tragic circumstances in their lives. The showbiz is particularly notorious for such circumstances happening too often, but it's not the only place. No use in even blaming it on the drugs. We are, after all, vulnerable beings and life has always had its share of injustice, so it's bound to happen anyway.

That being said, it doesn't even matter what you make of her demise. What counts is how much of an impact she has had on music and the well-being of people who listen to her voice. That's probably what she lived for.
    Natfixit likes this.