Like Tree13Likes

MTR/BUS customer service or lackthereof

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How are bus sites impossible? All you need to do is click on a map to mark start and stop, works for KMB (linked above) and NWFB.

I'm with DeletedUser here....I mean on the bus website they even provide pictures of each bus stop...what more can they do?

Another +1 for the bus website, never had a problem even when I was new here.

The KMB site has always been very good and at least offers options, although sometimes confusingly if you do not know the area, on where to start/stop.

When taking a bus to a new place, the worst thing is knowing which bus stop you're currently at.
    The stops have the name printed, in a small font on the sign - basically impossible to read unless you're within 2m of the sign.
    _some_ buses have electronic signs advising the next stop, but even though they've been under 'testing' for a couple of years now, they are not on every bus and I can guarantee you, when you are going somewhere for the first time, you'll be on a bus without said electronic sign.

Obaing2011 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PSMaverick:
    I'm surprised by this thread. I've always felt HK is the easiest place to locate addresses and figure out the transportation! Ofcourse sometimes you need to research.. Cant expect anyone..the mtr or the bus companies to direct you to a specific address..That said each MTR station's customer service does provide a map of that area and the staff has always been happy to point out the address and advice which exit to take.

Yes HK is a world class city in this regard if not for anything else as long as you dont expect to be spoon fed.
    Well, fair to say I'm internet literate and am actually on the nwbus website for a while. However, still could not figure out the bus stop for the address on Deep Water Bay road, even though on Google map, it clearly shows a bus or minibus stop within 200m.

While HK's public transportation maybe fairly extensive, I take exception to the assertion that it's "world class". For instance, I have yet to find any address in New York that I cannot go to via public transit, old and dirty as they maybe.

Of course your mileage may vary. (The MTR staff I encountered did not smile, nor did they provide a map or anything.) And being snarky doesn't help clueless newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    When taking a bus to a new place, the worst thing is knowing which bus stop you're currently at.
    The stops have the name printed, in a small font on the sign - basically impossible to read unless you're within 2m of the sign.
    _some_ buses have electronic signs advising the next stop, but even though they've been under 'testing' for a couple of years now, they are not on every bus and I can guarantee you, when you are going somewhere for the first time, you'll be on a bus without said electronic sign.
    Well, my worst experience is buses for opposite directions stop at the exact same stop! Statue Square stop, that is. The bus number just eluded me but I was going to midlevels west (HKU) and got on the same number bus going the opposite way. A fellow passenger helped me out, but not without a quip, "only in HK"!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I'm with DeletedUser here....I mean on the bus website they even provide pictures of each bus stop...what more can they do?
    Well, try Deep Water Bay road.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Well because to be quite honest that site is total crap. I've tried several time to look for routes on it and it has failed every time. So I use the local guides, google maps, etc which provide bus numbers and routes. Now if someone has a magic formula for that site other that starting point and destination please feel free to share.
    It works fine for me, giving me all the bus numbers and routes that I need. Could you give an example of an origin and destination that you feel it can't give you a sensible option for? (Places that are actually served by public transport, obviously)

I blame it on the mainlanders