Like Tree5Likes

cheap parts of hong kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arrow cheap parts of hong kong

which are low budget areas of hong kong? Im looking to study Cantonese and experience hong kong. Also if any of you been to a language school (for cantonese) how did you enjoy it? are schools similar?

any other info would be appreciated

Sham Shui Po

Low budget for what? Most of the new towns in the NT are low budget for accommodation - you want the bottom probably Tin Shui Wai. But Tuen Mun and Yuen Long have cheap accommodation with nicer surroundings and facilities.

I'm mainly going to study the language and experience hong Kong(as I'm interseted in living there). Since my dads paying I would like to keep it low budget.

Quote Originally Posted by jajababa:
    I'm mainly going to study the language and experience hong Kong(as I'm interseted in living there). Since my dads paying I would like to keep it low budget.
    What, exactly, do you consider "low budget"? If you provide an approximate dollar amount you are looking to spend on housing per month we can give you a better idea of places to look and whether or not your budget is realistic. Additionally, what kind of visa are you coming here on and how long will you be staying? This information affects the kind of housing you will be able to get.

sheung shui, tai po, fanling, old chinese building or village house, 600 sq ft for around HK$5-6000

Cheung Chau

if you are serious about learning cantonese, then i suggest you look at chinese university in shatin. they have cantonese courses available and i'm sure they would be of a far better quality than you would get in a language centre.

I'm looking around 1,250-1500 a month for housing language classes and everyday living expenses

Last edited by jajababa; 27-02-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jajababa:
    I'm looking around 1,250-1500 a month
    Hk$???

You're looking at a cage home for that budget!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast