Gas delivery & curtains Clearwater Bay

Closed Thread

Gas delivery & curtains Clearwater Bay

Bit of a random combo just moved in issues

Gas, my bottles are empty. Just phoned the Customer Services number then another number different Co. no good need English speaking gas bottle supplier.

Curtains. Need someone to come round, estimate and then fit at least 3 big curtains (including fittings) possibly more. Suggestions please.

Can you get your gas from Sai Kung town centre?

If so, pop in to The Brothers (Hing Dai) Gas shop (on the corner, same row as the HK Jockey Club and Park N Shop) The lady there speaks good English. But you will need to leave a hefty deposit if you are a first time customer ( equivalent to one bottle of gas ~HK$280.)

Again, for the curtains, there are two curtain shops. Go to the one next to the DVD/video shop, they're much more friendlier than the other. But I would measure your window sizes before you go for them to give you a rough estimate. They will ask you to select which material you want, then come round to measure accurately.

Otherwise, you'll have to get a bi-lingual neighbour to call for you.

Dont know where in CWB you live but my guess it that closest place for gas exchange is in Hang Hau village - I used to go there. When you are there ask to get a business card for the guy who does the home delivery/exchange
    Or....if you live in a village then I am sure that the gas delivery man comes by relatively often - keep your eyes open and catch him when he is there

Or....try and call these numbers 27190327/27922056. The first one is the number for the Hang Hau guy and the second one is for a Sai Kung company I think. Haven´t used them for about a year so cannot guarantee they are still valid for this.
    Might all depends on the brand of your current gas bottles - mine was from Shell

I have the gas sorted now thanks - One of the companies I phoned called me back and someone with near perfect English sorted me out - delivery on Friday. 3 miles south of Silverstrand for me btw.

Damn me not reading messages all day - mainly as I was having a a big delivery of goods, then sorting those out but afterwards off to Sai Kung to pay the agent and meet someone for a quick beer - would've been longer but needed to head back onto the Island. Wish I'd have read the Sai Kung curtain message earlier. Could've covered that off at the same time. Thanks for that. Not moving properly until Friday, will check that out over the weekend.

Would love the number of the gas guy near Silverstrand

ByebyeEngland, I would love the phone for this guy. We just moved to Silverstrand beach area and need a number for gas delivery for our BBQ. Anyone have a phone number for someone? No car so must be delivery. Thx.

Last edited by traveler; 28-05-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Give this guy a call 9097 2235, hes the delivery guy from Hang Hau village store, not sure if he speaks English. If he cant then pm me and I'll help call him where to send the gas bottle, they do day time delivery, I get my large and small bbq gas bottles from them. I'm like 5 mins from Silverstrand

Shell Gas in Sai Kung (they deliver to CWB), and speak English 2792 2793.

I've used the shell guy from Hang Hau not SK and live in Clearwater. If someone in Canto answers they'll either pass the phone over to him or if not call back later when he is in. Great service and he'll call you on day of delivery and when he is close

Oooh found his mobile 9097 2235 office 2719 0327 and ask for Paul