For All the Americans out there

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

AHhhhhhhh yet another American who sadly went to sleep through most of his education.

England is PART of the United Kingdom and the United Kingdom is described as being " of Great Britain and Northern Ireland".

Britain comes from the Ancient description of the Island POST Roman. The Great part refers to the unification of the tribes and isles under a Sovereign Lord and predates the joining of Scotland - which gave rise to the description of the two Islands under 1 King ( James 1 of England = James 7 of Scotland ) and was henceforth referred to as " The United Kingdom "

As for PMs being Poodles . Heres a bit more RECENT history.
    Churchill is a hero to many Americans. His mother was American and he was given Honourary Citizenship. He like Lloyd George ( a great friend ) the PM in the First war, realised that the beast could not be beaten alone. That why they called us ALLIES.
    Its also fair to say you ( USA ) didn't come out of it bad financially - unlike Europe which was Finacially and Physically bankrupt. It set the US up for the memorable 50's and all that world wide capitalism therafter.

MacMillian was a trusted " elder statesman " to JFK and is acknowledged in some records as being a steadying influence during the Cuban missile crisis. Thatcher is a Goddess to the Republican party.

Its a valued position for the UK to have such a special relationship with the US and SOME do not use it wisely . FYI - Regan had his balls mightily squeezed by Maggie after the Grenada incident but in the end we know we cannot influence in any OVERT way. That isn't the UK style anyway.

Not like you apparently, that have just woken up in your dumpster 8 months after the posting !

Last edited by Boris; 15-05-2008 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulyJ:
    I'm sorry, but who's government consistently cowards and backs the U.S.'s every move? I know your bitch boy Tony Blair has left office... but seriously. Hasn't England (the UK, GB, whatever you call yourselves nowadays) consistently followed in our footsteps after we saved you from complete inhiliation during WWII. I'm sorry you lost your great empire.... get over it.
    Did the US really stop the inhalation of Britain in WW2? I know the US is very Jewish-centric but even they would need a big nose to inhale all that.

Lammarite : lol ... was hoping someone would pick up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    Did the US really stop the inhalation of Britain in WW2? I know the US is very Jewish-centric but even they would need a big nose to inhale all that.
    Perhaps the poster was referring to a little known Nazi plot to flood Britain with cocaine?

No, it was a Canadian who saved you lot during the Battle of Britain

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Lammarite : lol ... was hoping someone would pick up on that.
    Our resident pedant seems to be away so I stepped into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo:
    Nothing to do with 'my lot'. My lot were ensconced by Ze Germans very early on.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo:
    Not a single Canadian on this list
    The Few - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But we thank all the nations in equal amounts.

For WW2 the highest RAF ace was a South African who was actually killed in 1941.
    The highest UK RAF appears no2 of RAF cases who was the indomitable " Johnnie " Johnson who I had the honour to meet in the 70's doing work for his charitable trust.

But no matter - we thank you all. Even if all the movies show only pilots with tin legs winning the war for us !

Nothing to do with 'my lot'. My lot were ensconced by Ze Germans very early on.
    And we thank you for the Florist industry, tulips and cheese you can play soccer with !!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Not a single Canadian on this list
    The Few - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    But we thank all the nations in equal amounts.
    I was talking the first Minister of Aircraft Production, Lord Beaverbrook. Doesn't matter how many Ace's you have if they don't have any aircraft to fly!