Like Tree41Likes

courier wants surcharge

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

courier wants surcharge

A few days ago the courier delivered a parcel from Mainland China. He said there was 30 dollar surcharge. I was in a hurry and paid without without checking the receipt. Later I couldn't find the surcharge mentioned on the receipt so I suspect the money went into his own pockets.

Soon I will be expecting more parcels delivered by the same courier. I want to keep a good relationship and avoid paying the surcharge. If I were to tell him straight that I want to see the surcharge on the bill he might be offended and treat the parcels in future in a less careful way (it's just like you don't want to offend the people serving your food in restaurants). Do you know a good way to save him face?

yes, i've experienced the same 'surcharge' everytime i get anything delivered from SZ, i've always just paid it.

It depends where you are located. If I get something from China delivered to Sai Kung there is always a surcharge, usually $20 with SFX. If I get it delivered to one of my offices in Kowloon Bay then no surcharge.

well, mine are being delivered to my centre in shatin, 2 minutes walk from the mtr.

the courier was SFX

Same thing here, I have to pay 30$ extra every time as I live in a remote area

shatin is hardly "remote" it is a 2 minute walk from the mtr... you know, the thing they catch in lowu.... it takes about 10 minutes from lowu to get to shatin.

Just say you need all of the amount on the invoice for auditing / accounting purposes. If they get offended by that then maybe they are pocketing the extra.

dear giant likes this.

Shouldn't be a surcharge in Shatin, never paid one when I lived there. That has to be a try on.

Well, if it is a residential address, then, yes, most of the couriers will charge a surcharge.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast