Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dankleness
  • 1 Post By Dankleness

Self Storage Units / Shared Shop Space?

Closed Thread

Self Storage Units / Shared Shop Space?

Anybody out there renting self storage units who might be able to tell me anything about them? Or, does anyone know any spaces that might have a kind of shared workshop available? Back in the US I had a nice little workshop type of room where I stored all my tools, worked on stuff, had various projects going on in different stages, a little mini fridge with beers and a radio with classic rock on it... etc... I plan on moving to HK at some point in the next year and will probably be there for a while, so would like to settle in a bit more than I have been up here in China.

dear giant likes this.

Your best bet might be to rent a room in an "industrial building". The cheapest rents for those (and they aren't going to be cheap in an absolute sense of the word), as for residential apartments, are going to be in the New Territories.

Depending what you're willing to put up with in terms of location, square footage, the state of the space, whether or not you want a bathroom vs. bathroom out in the hall somewhere, etc., the cost can vary wildly.

Here's one place that you can search to get an idea of what you'll be dealing with: Centaline Commercial (Industrial/Office)

450s.f.(G) in Kowloon for about 5k a month looks OK. Place had carpet to boot which wouldn't be ideal with sawdust flying around and whatnot. But it def gives me an idea of what is out there (which is more than what I had actually thought), thanks much!
    dear giant likes this.