Unsubscribing from CableTV

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

pccw

PCCW ...

im moving this weekend and my 12 month contract - now tv and broadband will just have expired. i spoke to the customer service guy and said i would like to move the service but only 3 months , no contract .. fine he said .. has given me a date and the guy will ocme to help install.

i said want to stop after 3 months , he said no problem just ring up and cancel ..

now do you think they will try to scam me for a new contract? i asked for a written confirmation of what we disucssed but he said no need verbal contract.

ive stoppe all Direct debit payemnts and will be leaving at the end of the year anyway does anyone see any problems>?

Did he specify in the "verbal contract" what the charge would be for "ringing up and cancelling" in 3 months time? The problem is rarely the cancelling, but the fee they wish to charge you for doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by clip_my_wings:
    PCCW ...

im moving this weekend and my 12 month contract - now tv and broadband will just have expired. i spoke to the customer service guy and said i would like to move the service but only 3 months , no contract .. fine he said .. has given me a date and the guy will ocme to help install.

i said want to stop after 3 months , he said no problem just ring up and cancel ..

now do you think they will try to scam me for a new contract? i asked for a written confirmation of what we disucssed but he said no need verbal contract.

ive stoppe all Direct debit payemnts and will be leaving at the end of the year anyway does anyone see any problems>?
    You may want to check how much your monthly fee will be after your contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    so okay, if my statement date is every 3rd of the month and say expires in dec 2007. then i need to give my notice about by mid october - did i get you right?
    Ideally yes but not sure if they will allow such a request 2 and a half months out. You just have to be careful with them dragging their feet when canceling your account. It's not so much when the request was made but when it was processed.