Need to get sofa cover made

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need to get sofa cover made

Wondering if someone can help me.

I want to cover my existing sofa. The existing covers easily slip off and wash but they are looking worse for wear so it's not an upholstery job, just the covers. It was just an Ikea sofa so nothing too expensive.

Realise a lot of people might say that it would be more reasonable to buy a new one but would rather recycle this one as it's a sofa bed.

All I need to do is take the covers off and take them in. Can do in Shenzhen but don't know anywhere specifically recommended. Would prefer to do in HK. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi there,
    You could try Mr. Sui. He will come to your house to measure and give you a quote. he's done our curtains and sofas for years. His number is 9013-6162. He has a variety of fabrics and prices and does a great job. his english is excellent too!

What sort of ballpark number does he charge for something like sofa covers?

There's a place on the fifth floor of Lowu Plaza in Shenzhen, I've had a lot of things done by them, they specialize in upholstery and have a huge choice of materials. Sometimes they'll even do it in a couple of hours and so you can go home with your order on the same day.
    It's a shop near the fabric market, on the right if the fabric market is behind you, not the first which has the ugly cushions up front but the second shop, which has a lot of drapes inside. They're nice, and the work is impeccable.
    I think it's called Shen Gang Curtain, shop 5123.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    What sort of ballpark number does he charge for something like sofa covers?
    its been a while since we had sofas done, and i really don't remember. give him a call and he may be able to give you a rough estimate over the phone.

There are also many places on Queens Road East that do this sort of work really inexpensively. The shops have a extensive fabric selections. But, this Mr. Sui sounds like he might be good - and not having to leave the house is a bonus.

Last edited by hello_there; 27-09-2007 at 04:29 PM.

hi

I am wondering if you finally used Mr. Sui ? and how much was the entire cost??

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinhk
    Hi there,
    You could try Mr. Sui. He will come to your house to measure and give you a quote. he's done our curtains and sofas for years. His number is 9013-6162. He has a variety of fabrics and prices and does a great job. his english is excellent too!
    This is a followup to an old thread. I just had some sofa covers made by Mr Siu. He's good- decent English, friendly, convenient. Cost was 2 grand labour + materials (variable).

Hi Ontheroad,

Any idea how much it costs in the place you mentioned for a two seated sofa cover? I want to change my sofa cover and I want them to make it exactly the same shape I have. Obviously, the price would differ depending on the fabric, just want to have a rough idea? Like cotton, or leather?

Hey everyone,

had some pillows done by Mr siu, he's really good, ok price and fast. speaks decent english but is patient and asks again if he thinks you didnt understand him.
    my job was very complicated and he did well. think it was about 800 for 4 pillows with different decoration works, ready in less than 2 weeks.
    plannin on having the new curtains done - if he picks up the phone.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast