Like Tree2Likes

Where to get Photographs printed at a good price?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Try this shop on Stanley Street.. guess it isnt colour six...or is it..? Am sure they are not cheap but then as dipper said, make the portfolio of selected shots.Printing at home isnt a good option unless you know how to colour calibrate your printer.. Come to think of it why dont you present it off an iPad or such tablet? I believe some images just pops out on a backlit high resolution screen than on a print..and people can easily flick through them!

Last edited by PSMaverick; 26-03-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    How big is your "one page"?

What is format? - 35mm film, medium format film or digital file?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Given that the OP already has the images on a website, one can safely assume 'digital', and that a 'page' is likely to be A4 or smaller.

If you know of a place that can process medium format film, or print A3 photos for $10 a pop, I'd like to try using it myself.
    I would like to get all my photos printed on A4 format; I spent a few days sorting out my photos from my external HD; I nailed my photos down to the best 50.

I only know of the local Kodak shop here in Tai Po; they charge a normal colour/black and white page for $10/$15 - but I think if you want it printed on special photographic paper, it would quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:
    Nobody wants to look at a portfolio of 200 photos. Print your best twenty, if they happen to be so obsessed with your work that they want to look at hundreds of your images they can have a look at your website.

If you're looking to demonstrate the quality of your work you'd certainly be much better served by printing a small number of well-prepared and professionally printed images than showing 200 cheap prints.
    Here are some good tips on how to present a portfolio; I scaled my photos down to 50 so far, will knock it down to the best 20 or so.

10 Steps for Building a Photography Portfolio to Be Proud Of

The Best Tips for a Great Photography Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by PSMaverick:
    Come to think of it why dont you present it off an iPad or such tablet? I believe some images just pops out on a backlit high resolution screen than on a print..and people can easily flick through them!
    I don't have a IPAD or other tablets lol I think the employers might appreciate more if someone went all the way to print out the photos rather than present them on a tablet (might show the person is very serious about it) just my take