Like Tree13Likes

is this dangerous breed of dog in hong kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How To Make A Pitbull Aggressive?

The bigger danger I'll say come from dangerous dog OWNERS, rather than the dog themselves.

Speaking of feral dogs. My dog, a Shiba inu, is brave (or too brave for his own good?) as anything. One time, I took him for a walk and he launch himself at a group of snaring village dogs to defend us. Thankfully, we rescue him in time from harm by scaring off the village dogs.

Wait - what? They had to shoot the police officers 3 times after they were bitten?

Sounds like the start of a zombie horde!
    Satay Sue and greenmark like this.

Pit bulls are not human aggressive they are hard wired to be dog aggressive/human friendly this is caled prey drive, how else do you think handlers could handle them during dog fights. Dogs that bit their owners were destroyed in the process of selection . This dog is obviously not an English Pit-bull but some mix up, maybe an American pit-bull (these aren't meant to have any prey drive even) gone mad, that or it has been completely and utterly ruined by being tormented into being human aggressive.

I bet 100% that this dog brought up as a puppy by a gentle loving kind person would be a completely different dog, it might even have lost its dog aggressiveness eventualy but not easily assuming it is a pitbull.

It's correct to say the true pitbull has no place in modern society as dog fighting is banned almost everywhere. You still get some coming out of China though.

I struggle with this

It is a ignorant person that makes a statement like that!! If you do not know what you are talking about you should not open your mouth! Yes an English bull terrier is a lively very strong breed of dog. If you do any kind of research into the bread you will see that originally in Victorian days they was used as nannies for babies, due to there loving, loyal and super protective nature towards there family. If you see any aggressive dog it is due to the life it has led not the breed. There is no such thing as a bad dog just has owners. Please in future try to have an idea what you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Hk handyman:
    It is a ignorant person that makes a statement like that!! If you do not know what you are talking about you should not open your mouth! Yes an English bull terrier is a lively very strong breed of dog. If you do any kind of research into the bread you will see that originally in Victorian days they was used as nannies for babies, due to there loving, loyal and super protective nature towards there family. If you see any aggressive dog it is due to the life it has led not the breed. There is no such thing as a bad dog just has owners. Please in future try to have an idea what you are talking about
    -100 for 8 year old necro.

" If you do any kind of research into the bread you will see that originally in Victorian days they was used as nannies for babies, due to there loving, loyal and super protective nature towards there family."

I never knew bread was so versatile. Personally I just like to toast it and smother it in butter.

angeluscomplex likes this.

What is more dangerous are the highly incompetent and lazy dog owners who in addition to not being able to raise their kids properly, are completely incapable of training their dogs to behave around other people and their property.

Such dog owners are the one's who complain about other people's kids being problems... when it is infact their own kid(s) who is(are) a disgrace.

So a dangerous dog breed is a powerful dog in the hands of an imbecile of an owner.

Last edited by DimSumBond; 28-02-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    -100 for 8 year old necro.
    Outrage is a dish best served cold . . . very, very cold and perhaps a little bit moldy.
    kimwy66 likes this.

I read a couple times "it's the owner, not the dog" but unfortunately I know two cases with lovely owners, and also pretty good dogs, where the dogs suddenly attacked someone.

In one case it was the neighbor (also a perfectly nice guy), in the other case it was their own 3 year old kid, left alone for a short time.

I'm sure the neighbor did something, the kid did something, but the fact is, we should never forget that our pets are at some level still wild animals, and can be unpredictable.

That's all still good, but some larger animals also have very powerful jaws, and that makes for some very sad accidents. Neither of the people I mentioned had ever thought it would happen to them - and then it did.

AsianXpat0 likes this.