Like Tree25Likes

Anyone else not paid last 2 months rent to evil Landlord

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My understanding is that you would have to take your landlord to the small claims court if they took your deposit with no good reason.

Maybe you could get your landlord to do an inspection of the property early so you know where you stand. But two months early is a long shot!

Last edited by Alan Partridge; 27-03-2012 at 04:41 PM.

What do you mean she charged you for items? how?

Last edited by Satay Sue; 27-03-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: OP posted at same time

I don;t see the problem. Tell him/her you will move out in six weeks and that s/he can keep the two-month deposit but will get no more rent. landlord is up by two weeks. If landlord feels there is damage beyond wear and tear, ask him to bill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Partridge:
    My understanding is that you would have to take your landlord to the small claims court if they took your deposit with no good reason.
    This.

we had problem with last landlord. asking ridiculous amounts for dubious claims. we said either take what we believe is fair (which for us was a compromise as we did not think anything was fair) or we all head down to the small claims court. Landlord relented, but was unneccessarily stressful.

Not going to happen again.

You and your landlord should just follow what the lease / tenant agreement both of you and her have signed before you rent the flat. As simple as that! The whole or part of your deposit should apply to the last payment of your rent?

Sorry to jump on this thread, but as my question is directly related to the topic I hope nobody will mind.

I'd be interest to hear about anyones experince who had to go down the small claims route to get their deposit back. I hope it will never be something I have to do, but I'd be interested to know how it went for anyone who has had to do it.

Last edited by Alan Partridge; 27-03-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YCC:
    So you didn't pay rent and you called the landlord evil? PAY THE DAMN RENT OR ELSE GET THE F OUT!
    Reading classes are now open
    Alan Partridge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    Reading classes are now open
    Whatever you tried to communicate I JUST DON'T CARE!

If the amount is over 50K, you cant use the small claims court. Am i wrong on this thinking, so if the rent is 30K per month and the LL doesnt give you the 2 months deposit back (60K), then the tennent is really screwed. Calling the police, will it help, dont think so. So what can someone do. thank frack I dont rent expensive places

bookblogger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by YCC:
    Whatever you tried to communicate I JUST DON'T CARE!
    Have you ever crossed the road while the red man is flashing.
    shenwen and Dreadnought like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast