Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Watercooler
  • 1 Post By FerrisC

A Cantopop tune worth listening to

Closed Thread

A Cantopop tune worth listening to

Not bad song about the ascent of C.Y. Leung to power in HK (audio embedded in linked page, along with original and English-translated lyrics).
    Last edited by dear giant; 28-03-2012 at 12:05 PM.

HK politics in songs? No thanks. I much prefer the original by Miriam Yeung.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Miriam? Very average/run-of-the mill at best (although still better than those horrid teen pop singers Twins).

The only really good cantopop singer is still Jackie Cheung. Beyond, the canto rock band, was also a classic, although they have never been the same since the untimely death of their lead singer.
    bookblogger and dear giant like this.

one of my all time favourite songs, english or chinese is this one:

it's mandarin though... even my mum likes it. i can sing along to about 75% of it even though i have no clue what they are singing about...

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I believe the original is by Candy Lo, one of my personal favourites. She's more of an indie-rock singer than a big canto-pop star, and this is her single biggest hit song.
    dear giant likes this.