Like Tree39Likes

MTR Puzzle # 2: MTR and Public toilets

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

never quite understand why the MTR feels it is obliged to offer toilets.

Its competitors KMB, Citybus, Tram taxis don't so why should they - unless they can make a nice profit from them. How much to spend a penny, $10?

first (possibly only) priority is mtr stns that are interchange stns (tho Ngau tau kok, for one, also has them...) so yes look at QB, Adm., Central etc in the future...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks Mobile

spotted at least at 3 stations so far - Nam Cheong, East TST, Sunny Bay

I'm not sure about this...but I think the West Rail stations have toilets. I know Austin Station also has toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    so u can't blame the kids shitting and peeing at the station if they didn't think about having toilets in the stations..
    The locals don't do this. This is one of the things that the mainlanders do that really piss off the locals. They get into flame wars over the Internet over things like this.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph098765:
    Wasn't the west rail line originally owned by the KCR? If I am not mistaken, most KCR stops have a public toilet while only a few in the original MTR have.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph098765:
    E.TST has one.

Quote Originally Posted by ClueMinus:
    The locals don't do this. This is one of the things that the mainlanders do that really piss off the locals. They get into flame wars over the Internet over things like this.
    I'm my years here I've seen it once in HK but not in the MTR. In China I've seen it all over the place, but never in the Shanghai or Beijing metro systems. It's more of a country bumpkin thing to do.

I have seen a mum lift a boy, about 3 yrs old, up so he could pee into the rubbish bin on the platform of Lai King mtr station. The kid hadnt seemed to be 'busting'( wasnt done in a hurry and he wasnt wriggling around) but seemed it was just mum's idea while waiting for the next train!!

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tung Chung mum:
    I have seen a mum lift a boy, about 3 yrs old, up so he could pee into the rubbish bin on the platform of Lai King mtr station. The kid hadnt seemed to be 'busting'( wasnt done in a hurry and he wasnt wriggling around) but seemed it was just mum's idea while waiting for the next train!!
    Jeez I saw this same thing on the walkway between central and the ferry pier. Hundreds of people around and this guy acts like it's normal to piss in a bin. Just makes me think of someone emptying the bin with a small hole in the bag. Trail of urine everywhere. Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast