Pollution in HK

Closed Thread

Pollution in HK

Hi

We at geobaby.com have started an online petition about the pollution problem in HK. We would like as many as possible people to sign this petition

Here is the link

http://www.petitiononline.com/gb2698/petition.html

Thanks

It seems that only mothers are wanted since it is signed "Concerned Mothers of Hong Kong". Seems a strange choice to limit yourself to a minority of the population (although two "mothers" by the names of Paul and Raymond have already signed - which shows how carefully they read what they were signing!)

Pity about the proof-reading too - that was done by a NET was it?

Last edited by PDLM; 08-10-2007 at 01:24 PM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Smile

Actually its not that bad outside, only about a quarter of the gunk you can see in Peking on a good day.

While I support many efforts to reduce pollution there are many items not mentioned and scant thought paid to those that are. Why no mention of light bulbs for example or the energy wasted on lighting in general? These have a direct energy requirement. Plastic bags however do not - and no mention of the alternatives for throwing away rubbish.

Please rewrite and please, please check the English used. It is pretty awful and reflects badly on all of us. As above no mention of Fathers either. Are we not worthy?

Come on guys be a bit more positive. Well done for actually doing something proactive! When you've done everything the geo expatters are asking, you may want to add this to the Clear the Air facebook group or create your own group via facebook. Just an idea to rummage up some more signatures.

I'm in. Anything we can do to reduce the air pollution before we are all hooked up to respirators.
    But I'm also with Jaykay--plastic bags and recycling aren't going to do much to clear the air. And the "Mother" thing. Perhaps "People" would be better?
    And kombuchakid is also correct that mainland China is worse (and a lot of our pollution is really theirs), but I am not sure we want to hold ourselves to mainland "standards".