Like Tree14Likes

Ick! Small little bugs

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ick! Small little bugs

No clue where they are coming from although they seem to be coming out of the woodwork and love my kitchen so I'm not sure how to prevent them. They are hard shelled little suckers too. Any idea on what they are? And how to rid of them??

If they jump, they're probably fleas (and the last tenant had a warm-blooded pet) ...

What I've done in my very rural setting is to border spray every room in my flat with Biokill (according to the label, it's non-toxic to mammals). The next day I had very assorted bugs expired (or very nearly) just inside the spray line, and haven't had any problems since.

If you have cats, you may want to be careful with Biokill, since pyrethroids such as permethrin can be toxic to them.

Poisons - permethrin poisoning

chingleutsch likes this.

I've been using the biofill so far and I'm hoping that it's working for the most part but I still see these guys crawling. I've stomped on a few and tried to crush them as well but they seem like determined suckers! They just won't die that easily. Was wondering what they are so I can figure out how to properly kill them.

Given their small size, I can't see them very well from here...

subsist likes this.

This was the best I can do sadly. I never saw them before until now.

Look like silverfish. They are a real pest. I Have them as well a no matter what i do they keep showing up every now and then. They seem to thrive in humid environments!

That looks like the front end of a millipede - don't worry, they don't bite or sting, and aren't after your food. The worst that they do is give off a nasty smell if you squash them.

Their place in the ecosystem is to "process" rotting vegetation back in to soil, so if you've had lots of them in your skirting boards it could well be time to have the boards replaced. Or, if you're in a village house, they've just come in to get out of the rain - deal with them as you see fit.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, they're definitely crab pots.
    Satay Sue likes this.

Sigh... They driving me nuts! Any recos on how to keep them at bay?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast