Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MandM!

Disposal of furniture/hard rubbish

Closed Thread

Disposal of furniture/hard rubbish

Hi and thanks in advance for any responses. I'm leaving HK soon and need to dispose of some old crappy/broken furniture not suitable for resale/giveaway. Does anyone know of a service (other than 'man with a van') via which someone will come and pick this up for disposal for a low fee? I'd normally take it to the refuse centre myself, but the nearest one (Paterson Street, Causeway Bay) is under renovation. Thanks

If its from Ikea, they will collect it for a fee.

I'd check with your building's doorman - I'm sure he can find a few friends to do it for you...

I used this person call Fed:62336029, But not that kind of any way give a call and try.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nassaugirl:
    If its from Ikea, they will collect it for a fee.
    We called them for our stuff. They said they don't do this. They only take away if you have purchased something to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by pikapp22:
    We called them for our stuff. They said they don't do this. They only take away if you have purchased something to replace it.
    I wonder if any of those man with a van type of services would haul the stuff away for you?

Hi, at my place, when people dont need things, they throw it out the windows. Sometimes they even throw the windows themselves.

Good luck.

dear giant likes this.