$3650 HKD for a haircut???

$3650 HKD for a haircut???

So my girlfriend was just at the hairdresser. She paid $3650 for a haircut + coloring.

Isn't that a tad on the expensive side? The hairdresser was "The Firm" that was suggested here on the forum.

Edit:

They told her the haircut cost $590 HKD but the price of the color depended on what she wanted. But does coloring really cost over $3000???

Last edited by Caleb; 18-10-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Damn.... your gf must look simply FABULOUS

yes, that is a ton of cash however, does your gf like it?

She was ripped off. Even most color and cut will not cost over $300. She must be loaded to be able to pay that for a hair cut.

Yeah its pretty nice but not $3650 nice. In my home country something like that would be maximum $1500 HKD in a upscale hair saloon.

I couldn't believe it myself. Its not really only about the money for me. It's about feeling ripped off and also about my GF being crushed.

She feels guilty towards me and she will never be happy with that haircut since it is associated with being ripped off.

She feels guilty because she didn't know what to do because she got totally overwhlemed and just signed the reciept.

Afterwards it is easy to say that she should just have refused to pay that amount. But when you get hit by something like that sometimes you just lock up and do nothing about it.

Fact is she didn't even get a proper bill... just a credit card reciept so there is no telling how the price is made up.

Caleb, like I said it is loads of cash ... and agree with redwriter and yourself about being ripped off ...

Your gf can go back ask for an itemized receipt if she/you really want.

The prices should be posted as well. Also, did the most senior stylist do her hair as this also adds to the price - if she was not given the option between senior & junior stylist then she may have been seen by a junior and charged the price for a senior.

My understanding is that several women use and favor The Firm's services bc there is no / limited language obstacles.

Overall, the idea of customer service within salons in HK does not exist. It has taken me several horrible experiences with hair styles&color, the feeling of disgusted from being ripped off and cheated till I was able to find someone at a salon that styled my hair in a way that I like with honest service and price.

Personally, I would never pay that amount of money for my hair to be styled and colored but other women are content to pay that amount because there is little to no hassles associated with it.

Thank you for your replies Alby.

The guy had worked there for three days he said, and his english was pretty bad. So I doubt that he was very senior.

Had it been $2000 HKD I would have thought it was too expensive but let it go. But this is more than twice as much as I would find reasonable from an upscale saloon in my own country and usually the prices are higher on services in Denmark than they are here.... Much higher.

I think your GF should return and ask to speak to the manager. Eventually go with her if she's shy and needs support. That was a very expensive bill and I am sure you could negotiate a solution with them. If they are not helpful, tell them you'll call up the consumer council and lodge a complaint.

so she went there and got her hair done without asking how much it will be costing her? I do agree it does not give the Saloon (or anyone else in a different case) the right to charge whatever they like but it dosent give you the right to complain either - all this in my opinion.