Like Tree88Likes

Need advice on noise

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Need advice on noise

Long story short, there's a kid in my building that screams at the top of his lungs every damn night.

It's seriously doing my head in. I've been tempted to call the police, but I don't really trust them and have never gotten favourable results from them in the past. I can't do anything plan b obviously.

What should I do? It doesn't seem like the police can force somebody to be a better parent or to kick a little kids arse until he learns manners... Aside from moving, is there any way out of this?

You may be out of luck if the noise is before 11pm and after 7am on workdays.

Noise Management - Noise Control Ordinance

The relevant section of the law is pretty short and precise (section 4, 5, and 5A):

http://www.legislation.gov.hk/blis_p...nDocument&bt=0

However, as a gui lo, you may have better clout with the local police. Good luck.

Last edited by ClueMinus; 08-05-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added hk gov PDF link

whats the kid screaming about? child abuse perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    whats the kid screaming about? child abuse perhaps.
    I would take this line if calling the police. You are very worried about them. After doing this a few times, the parents will have a strong incentive to stop the kid screaming!

EDIT: and besides, child abuse has no time limits

Mate, seriously I would call the police regardless of how much you trust them, or confront the parents themselves. If the parents get abusive , slam the door in your face etc...get the police no matter what it takes. A recording helps.

Do you live in my building!? There's a kid on my floor that, I kid you not, no matter what time of day you listen you can hear the kid screaming at the top of their lungs! I'm talking first thing in the morning, to 3:00am in the middle of the night, to right now as I am typing!!! I have often wondered what the hell the parents are doing or they must be deaf.

Kid or baby?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Kid or baby?
    In my case it is definitly a kid!

Maybe it's that tape that Howard Coombs plays on a loop, 24/7?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast