Like Tree6Likes

Apartment key handover process

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    Well, it's not like the geo site is short of lawyers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Cheers, don't even know why I'm nervous, not like we've trashed the place!
    Don't be nervous. You've done the right thing by them. Now they have no reason not to do the right thing by you.

have done the handover twice so far. in both cases, we met in the flat at a predecided time, i gave keys, LL inspected the flat in 15 mins and returned the deposit with a smile.

Sent from my ST18i using GeoClicks Mobile

Should be fine.

The latest place we left the same occurred. The LL didnt come (actually we never ever saw the LL - be it at signing or any other time) and he sent his solicitor.

The guy inspected the flat (while no inspection when we entered - we did take pics in case anyway) but he only inspected electrical appliances (still there or not) and a few other things.

Once also the LL couldn't come and it's the agent who handed us back the deposit.

I would not worry much about this,

I sent an email last night querying the solicitor's visit. Got a reply this morning from the agent basically saying forget I said that, it'll just be the agent! So I don't know why she said something completely different yesterday. There's only the microwave as far as appliances go, the fridge, washer and dryer were ours.
    Re cleaning the place, I just see that as a courtesy - I was so insistent that they clean before I moved in!

Fiona in HKG likes this.

I always clean before leaving.

Not a huge clean up but a decent one.

It;s not because some people don't do it that you have to lower your own standard.

Fiona in HKG, rani and dear giant like this.

Indeed Mat. Also was expected norm in Singapore and Tokyo (though they'd still charge for "cleaning" )
    In fact our last place in Japan, both my agent and LL's commented on how immaculate we'd left it - we received a bill for cleaning the following week!