Shoes for big feet

Closed Thread

Shoes for big feet

I was trying to buy some hiking shoes (like some Timberlands or something) the other day and was having a bit of a pain finding anything bigger than a size 10 at some stores around Central (despite one or two annoying salesmen who told me "these are size 12s"). I'm not a Sasquatch (size 12) but was wondering if I should just wait until my next trip back home or if I might get lucky and find something around town.

I've actually seen guidebooks that say you can get anything in Hong Kong except shoes in larger sizes, but I was wondering if anyone has had any luck finding larger sizes.

I've had some luck finding Sasquatch-sized footwear at a couple of places in Pacific Place. The Rockport store has some big sizes and I think the Timberland outlet does too. The sports store next to the food center also carries large sizes.

Yeah, I've had luck at Rockport. I wear a 13 wide; went into Rockport, and they had a pair to fit me (just one pair, though). I was ecstatic. Rockports are very comfortable, too. I've owned about 30 pairs of Timberland boots (I'm wearing steel-toed Timberland Pro boots right now) and I've never had a pair that are as comfortable as the worst pair of Rockports I've owned.

Alternatively, if you're E-Bay savvy, you could always bid on a pair; even with shipping from the US, you're likely to pay less than the HK retail price. I believe New Balance also carries large sizes and widths in HK; at least they did the last time I was here. There was a store in Sun Hung Kai Center that carried 'em, but they're no longer there now...

Anyone who look for big size ladies shoes sample ( all collected from Italy)?

.....................................old

Last edited by gilleshk; 25-03-2011 at 05:50 AM.