Like Tree2Likes

MTR Puzzle # 4: MTR timetable

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    kinda sad that you have read all my posts.

Original Post Deleted
    Surprise to see none is replying to this. I believe if you don't reply to such posts, member gets encouraged and do it more frequent. Couple of strong replies can take care of such member.
    Last edited by Joseph098765; 16-05-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph098765:
    I think we should pay attention to the user name before reading post.
    the answer can only be as good as the question.

Surprise to see none is replying to this. I believe if you don't reply to such posts, member gets encouraged and do it more frequent. Couple of strong replies can take care of such member.
    u need instructions to board the train?

There must be a time table - may not be published to public. When MTR requested for fare increase, one of the issue raised was - trains delay then schedule time. Unless you have a time table, you can't measure delay.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...1/ai_80931810/

MTR fare hike plan a wrong move, may start vicious circle - Hong Kong - China Daily eClips
    You did notice the first article is from 2oo1?

But you can measure delays without a fixed schedule, you just define that the train must reach point B x minutes/seconds after leaving point A, regardless of the absolute time the train is leaving.

While I don't agree that dumbdonkey is deserving of this, I do think that to respond to an annoying poster is encouraging while ignoring is more effective.

Though I have seen some extracts of the internal timetable on other places, it is useless on busy routes such as the Kwun Tong Line since trains usually delay and finally two or three departures disappear every day in the peak hours. Though, you may get a copy of the exact timetable of the Tung Chung Line at some stations since the trains are relatively infrequent (8 to 10 minutes headway).