Like Tree3Likes

Moving to Tai Po and need travel advice

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Moving to Tai Po and need travel advice

Hi,

I will be moving to Tai Po within the next month and I am in need of some travel advice. I work close to Causeway Bay and I am wondering about bus routes. I've done some research and have found that there is a bus that runs for about two hours in the morning from Tai Po area to Central, but I am also looking for anything that goes to Causeway Bay. I've seen a red minibus near the Wanchai Fire station that goes to Sheng Shui, does anybody know about that one? Does it make stops in Tai Po? How often does it run? Any and all tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

is there a reason you don't want to get on the mtr?

MTR is boring

and MTR is packed.

You can get the 307 all day long from Tai Po, it stops in Wan Chai.

The red minibus also stops in Tai Po en route to Sheung Shui.

If Tin Hau Station gets you close enough you can take 307P from and to Tai Po Center. Or take 307 from Victoria Park, Gloucester Road stop on the way back.

You can search for more connections here but most will require you to change at least once:
    Citybus & NWFB - Members of Chow Tai Fook Enterprises and NWS Holdings - Routes and Services

The Kowloon Motor Bus Co. (1933) Ltd 九龍巴士(ä¸€ä¹ä¸‰ä¸ )

Last edited by Raccon; 20-05-2012 at 12:38 AM.

FYI - The MTR is cheaper than the bus (307). It's not( at Tai Po ) always packed ( by Japanese Standards at least ) and in 4 years I have never not got on the first train that arrived. There are some trains that originate at Tai Po so you can have a seat, to Kowloon Tong at least if they fit your schedule.
    getting through Mong Kok is another matter but the new line to Admiralty is coming, if not soon enough for some.

If you have a death wish - use a red minibus.

I think when you say abut a couple of buses, you are talking about the special work service that goes to CWB (307A ) around 7 and back about 5. It's still quicker by MTR.- a lot quicker.

Last edited by Boris; 20-05-2012 at 03:54 AM.

The the old KCR lines (East Rail) is not that fast a train so a RMB is an option worth looking at especially on the way home.

But for the MTR Boris points out some people change lines at Kowloon Tong, Mong Kok & then Admiralty but all that changing is stressful!

Just stay on the train for another 7 minutes from Kowloon Tong until it terminates at Hung Hom, exit the station by D1 or A1 and a 1 minute walk to catch a bus across the Harbour

Click link Google maps.

Bus Headway in the morning to CWB is every minute or so.

Last edited by East_coast; 20-05-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Just stay on the train for another 7 minutes from Kowloon Tong until it terminates at Hung Hom, exit the station by D1 or A1 and a 1 minute walk to catch a bus across the Harbour

Bus Headway in the morning to CWB is every minute or so.
    Seen the queue there during peak hours? Dunno how long it takes for waiting and getting through the tunnel, but traffic moves slow there.
    And no fun standing there in the summer with the humidity and exhaust fumes in your nose.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    and MTR is packed.

You can get the 307 all day long from Tai Po, it stops in Wan Chai.

The red minibus also stops in Tai Po en route to Sheung Shui.
    BOOKBLOGGER - Hi, Where does the red minibus stop in Wanchai exactly when going to Tai Po? And also where in TP when headed to Wanchai - thanks!

yrofdragon - Going to CWB, I recommend taking the 307 bus even if it takes longer than the MTR. You can get a seat on the bus and read, nap, etc. The MTR can be a hassle being jostled about. Coming back you probably won't get a seat on the bus unless it is really off peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by 1denisiel:
    BOOKBLOGGER - Hi, Where does the red minibus stop in Wanchai exactly when going to Tai Po? And also where in TP when headed to Wanchai - thanks!

yrofdragon - Going to CWB, I recommend taking the 307 bus even if it takes longer than the MTR. You can get a seat on the bus and read, nap, etc. The MTR can be a hassle being jostled about. Coming back you probably won't get a seat on the bus unless it is really off peak hours.
    red mini bus, lockhart rd, pass the bridge, technically it's in wan chai, just near causeway bay fire station ( which is located in eastern side of wan chai on hennessy rd), it takes around 1hr to 1.10min to get to taipo ( 25 mins just get past the traffic jam habour crossing)

while night mini bus (is very close the description above) is on hennessey rd

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast