Like Tree2Likes

Butcher

Closed Thread

Butcher

Anyone knows any good butcher on west Kowloon side/Tsuen Wan except City Super? Tried to find one yesterday but given up and drove to Shatin CityS (Freaking expensive). Costed 900 bucks for 3 pieces Canadian rib eye (ouch).

$900?! how big were the pieces??
    Maybe you should look into south stream or one of those types, not retail store fronts but delivery based

$6X per 100g, about 16oz a piece.

Order online is good if you planned to have steak, but, somehow you got to settle with retailers if you have a sudden urge for steak tonight but not going out.

Have you tried the wet markets?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Have you tried the wet markets?
    Well, I usually go to the wet market for daily meat consumptions but they don't usually stock premium beef (also, beef is not as popular as pork locally, you can tell by the number of tables of beef vs pork). For steak, I will skip the wet market as I did try some of them (frozen stuffs not chilled) and kinda money wasting.

i get great beef at the frozen meat shop in sai kung. i got 3.65lbs of tenderloin for $230.

i also get rib steaks (with the bone) once in a while. it's more expensive, but absolutely delish!