Can you eat the fish?

Can you eat the fish?

Hi,
    Do you know, please ...
    I've seen people fishing in a few places, from just by the Star Ferry, to down by the Noonday Gun (crickey - anybody else tried to find it? ended up lost underground in a carpark!), to over in Aberdeen and Stanley. I see that some anglers keep the fish, and was wondering how they prepare them. Also saw some sea urchin shells amidst some embers, wondered how they taste.
    I'd read in other posts on this board that you do need a licence, though do wonder if the other folk I have seen bother with it.

cheers!

Sorry, but have you looked in the waters of Victoria Harbour? There is a reason they take people to the hospital for a check up after someone falls in or tries to swim in the harbour...

u only require a license to fish in reserviors in country parks. For sea fishing no license is required.

i remember fishing in victoria harbour when i was a kid, we took the fish back home and when we cut it up, damm did it stink up the house, the fish inside was black with all the crap from the harbour. I wouldnt recommend eating anything caught inside victoria harbour. Fish caught in Stanley or Sai Kung would be safer.

Of course you can eat the fish. The question is, "What are you doing to your health?".
    I wouldn't eat any fish from any water surrounding HK, nor China for that matter.
    But, feel free.

If it ain't Norwegian fish, chances are I'm not touching it.

Might give it a try off the pier in Stanley next time then, round by St. Stephen's Beach when I'm over next

Makes one wonder where the little fish one seas being caught next to the Star Ferry go, though

If you have a hankering for fish and don't want your insides to rot out over the years, try this:

http://www.south-stream-seafoods.com/