Like Tree20Likes

Graffiti

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

The fuddy duddy police strike again.

Banksy go home!

Wonder if it's the ijjut who was asking about where to find graffiti / "street art" in HK recently in a travel forum I frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    Wonder if it's the ijjut who was asking about where to find graffiti / "street art" in HK recently in a travel forum I frequent.
    Grrr. Why do they feel like they have to import their "art culture" here while on holidays? This stuff is not even "art" it's just stupid words. The real "street art" is out in the local areas, done by locals.
    chingleutsch likes this.

An update. Received an email today to say thct the offending graffiti had been painted over and they attached photos.
    Good job! thanks again for the Ink to that app.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

East_coast likes this.

The authorities painted over lots of "offending graffiti" by the King of Kowloon. What offends some, does not offend others. And vice versa.

East_coast likes this.

there has recently appeared strange writing on a lot of pedestrian barriers in and around Ya Ma Tei, rambling on about Scotland and various other things.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    The authorities painted over lots of "offending graffiti" by the King of Kowloon. What offends some, does not offend others. And vice versa.
    Doesn't the new Starbucks on Sneaker street have his style of art as decoration?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    The passage between Connaught Place and Chater St was repainted some weeks ago and has been looking pretty nice.
    Just walked through and some ASSHOLE has written "too clean" and "write something here" all over the nice white walls.

Given its in English, and given the prevalence of defacing public property in our "civilised" ex-homes I guess a young tourist or expat.

What a terrible impression of the English speaking world. I hope he does it again under the nose of a policeman and gets deported or thrown in jail.

Not impressed at all.
    Dont like it myself but hey its just deviant art. Could be worse and grafitti marking gang turf.

'Jali' seems to be every other place I look. And it usually looks pretty good.

Edit: JALI MM | Facebook

Last edited by Unsolicited; 04-07-2012 at 09:34 AM.