Like Tree39Likes

If the HKSAR increased income tax to 50%, capital gains tax on all investment income and added a 12% GST would you still live here ?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Mine was waived this year as well. How come yours wasn't?
    Really? I don't know why.....I rang to check as I (stupidly) assumed it would be $450, what I paid last year, maybe there was a cut off months?

There \was a period of, I think, 3 months between one waiver expiring and the next one starting. No idea why, but if your renewal date fell in that 3 month period then you got hit for the $2450 rather than $450.

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:
    not all people have to suffer the land price , many local people live in 'public house' and 'home ownership scheme' which they only have to pay 1 - 5k per months
    Except this subsidized housing some argue has resulted in employers being able to pay significantly less for low end jobs (and keep too many low end jobs in society because they are so cheap). Why pay these workers more if the Government will pay them for you (with huge housing subsidy). Again some argue that this is probably the root cause of the dire Gini coefficient.
    Last edited by East_coast; 08-07-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6